Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

What your daughters don't know about college

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Hit&Run » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:24 pm

I had this link sent to me from a friend who's daughter is attending a school on the list. Rumor is that there are several schools under federal investigation for there reporting of campus crime and that rape is on the rise. Sad that most of the schools on the list are getting little to no publicity on the subject. Pay special attention to the soccer player and what her coach told her.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... e-ix-cases
Hit&Run

by Pale Rider » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:32 pm

While that's a bad thing...
I bet the % on any given School is the same as the %'s based on population in a non College area...
Just for example...Sexual assault #s for LA County as a whole vs a campus within that area...

I'm sure it happens...But the term 'sexual crime' doesn't always mean a rape, and I bet all of the reported crimes aren't just male vs female...

All I can say...as far as my kid...Shes got .38 reasons you better rethink that shit...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Many if not most of these issues are grey areas. Most cases both sides have Alcohol or other gateway drugs involved. Both male and female students have sex on their mind when they leave the dorm room.

Now it doesn't make it ok, but it sure makes for a difficult conclusion if a claim is made. State of California is attempting to pass a statute trying to create levels of sexual misconduct. No longer will "no" mean "no". Just isn't black or white. This issue is grey in many cases.

Sad!
tbjd33

by funtimes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:43 pm

tbjd33 wrote:Many if not most of these issues are grey areas. Most cases both sides have Alcohol or other gateway drugs involved. Both male and female students have sex on their mind when they leave the dorm room.

Now it doesn't make it ok, but it sure makes for a difficult conclusion if a claim is made. State of California is attempting to pass a statute trying to create levels of sexual misconduct. No longer will "no" mean "no". Just isn't black or white. This issue is grey in many cases.

Sad!

Wow, I'm assuming you have a daughter. Unreal how you can state that most cases of rape have grey areas and insinuate that it is the woman's fault. Troubled souls like you are the people who continue to enable these rapists.

Sincerely,
Rape victim and mother of 3 daughters
(No, I was not drunk or on drugs and I didn't have sex on my mind)
funtimes

by Hit&Run » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 pm

You don't have to make different variations of sexual assault. It is exactly what it states. Take a look at Ray Rice's assault. He beat up his fiancé. Roger Goodell suspended him 2 games. Ok. If Ray had beaten an elderly woman, an amputee, a war veteran, or even a child. Would that be 2 games? If he beat Roger Goodell's mother for example. Would that be 2 games? I don't see a difference. They are all equally as bad. All are evil acts and deserve punishment above what was done. If I say that one was worse I am saying one is closer to being OK. Rape is Rape. Sexual Misconduct is Sexual Misconduct and Sexual Assault is Sexual Assault.
And % are out the door if the school isn't reporting it. For all those young ladies that saw this happen to a friend. Do you think they would report it? It's is impossible to calculate the numbers if victims are scared to report it, coaches are scared to tell the school,and the school doesn't want to tell the government.
Hit&Run

by Crankymom » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:01 am

The assaults described in the article, as well as the lack of action by the schools, are reprehensible. However, I suspect a handful of schools are not on the list because of rampant assaults (of course, there may be some assaults, and those should be addressed swiftly and to the fullest extent of the law).

Remember what Title IX is - it prohibits discrimination on basis on sex. While this includes sexual assault, it also includes things such as, "The guys have better practice facilities than the girls." While it might not be right for the men to have the superior practice facilities, it is no where near an offense such as assault.

One of the schools on the list is an elite academic institution in a very upscale neighborhood near where I live. If there were frequent sexual assaults, it would be in the news. This is a DIII school that dropped the football program years ago - they would not be well served by protecting athletes.

Some of these schools need some serious reform in the way they handle assaults. However, it would be nice to see a breakdown by type of Title IX complaint, because complaints about facilities are not equal to sexual assaults.
Crankymom

by tbjd33 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:10 am

funtimes wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:Many if not most of these issues are grey areas. Most cases both sides have Alcohol or other gateway drugs involved. Both male and female students have sex on their mind when they leave the dorm room.

Sad!

Wow, I'm assuming you have a daughter. Unreal how you can state that most cases of rape have grey areas and insinuate that it is the woman's fault. Troubled souls like you are the people who continue to enable these rapists.

Sincerely,
Rape victim and mother of 3 daughters
(No, I was not drunk or on drugs and I didn't have sex on my mind)

Sorry for the crime committed against you... Things like that should never happen, but unfortunately they do. I do have a daughter and by no means am I an advocate for any law/process that enables any Rapist.

With that being said, this is a topic which is a major issue in college. I also look at it from a prospective of both sides having a son just graduating from a PAC 12 school playing baseball. I've seen two athletes where young women claimed rape. One instance the athlete was suspended and it cost him draft status eventually going un-drafted and later all charges were dropped. The young women made a claim and was found telling others she made the claim cause he didn't call her back the next day.

The second claim was dropped because the young women was on her second claim and she too tried take advantage of another athlete. She was angry he never made advances towards her. She was charged for making a false claim and dismissed from school.

Both athletes were greatly affected... I don't condone rape but I also feel it is easy to use this as a tool and young women have no regard for others futures. I've seen first hand the grey area and how young women throw themselves at the young men. It's sickening and beyond sad... It's not a game for either!

All of this potential law/rule change has to do with a growing trend in false or unsubstantiated claims which usually happen against athletes. Schools not having the resources to fully investigate and a society growing without value of others life/future.

Definitely a sensitive subject that needs to be addressed, but can it?
tbjd33

by jonriv » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:01 am

TBJD- my guess is that there are far more unreported assaults than fake one's to extort athletes. Think back to your own college days and you know that it is true. Young women in many cases are afraid or ashamed to come out because of the backlash that comes towards them. My own experience at my school was that the athletes in many case were the biggest offenders.
jonriv

by jonriv » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:03 am

Simple rule I learned from a former CO in the Army on how to avoid any kind of sexual harassment. Something young men(and older ones) can learn from. Treat every women the way that you would want your wife, mother, sister, or daughter to be treated-it's that simple.
jonriv

Next

Return to The Pub