Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Video Hosting Site For Coaching

What's on your mind?

by jtat32 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 am

Does anyone know of a website that would allow us to upload video clips of our players' swings and add commentary? We would want the players to be able to access the site, see their swings, and read the notes.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:44 am

Pretty sure Facebook will do that - just manage the privacy settings, but you can upload short video clips and add commentary. Best yet, its free
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:21 pm

That's a pretty darned good suggestion. I've never really done the whole Facebook thing, but I had my daughter show me some videos on Facebook and it might work. It's certainly not perfect with regard to manipulating the video, but might be workable. We'll upload some swings to her page and see. Thanks.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:53 am

HUDL is hands down the best out there. It has tools available to drawing, analyze, etc. I have used it for several years.

You can grant access to whoever you want to, the players would have the capability to create highlight reels, allow colleges access, etc.

http://www.hudl.com
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by jtat32 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 pm

Thanks, Slapperdad.

Looking at the HUDL website, they've got a basic package for club teams for $99/yr. Would that do the trick, or do you need one of the more expensive packages to get the bells and whistles? Looks like the main difference is the amount of video that you can load.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:08 am

I would think that would work for a club team. I have access via my high school, which has the Platinum package, several sports share it and the cost. I also have access via my officials association, I have no idea how that works, because we get access to the games we work as well as training vids.

I have never seen anything better for video hosting/sharing. The Football coaches association requires it in Indiana for film exchange.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by LynkSpyder » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:57 pm

This is a response based on my own ignorance of HUDL (hadn't heard of them until tonight, but will investigate), but I'm wondering why YouTube hasn't been suggested? While the good days may eventually come to an end, for now, Google will let you store unlimited amounts of video online for free. We store full baseball and softball games for our families to review. You can add tagging for special needs (like associating video to players) and can adjust security if you want to lock the video down to a select group of viewers.

Thanks,

Josh Greer
LynkSpyder - Chain Link Fence Camera Mount
www.LynkSpyder.com
www.facebook.com/lynkspyder
LynkSpyder

by slapperdad » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:18 am

I would guess in a competitive situation anyone can see the vids on YouTube, in HUDL,you control who can see it. YouTube doesn't offer editing, cutting up, the ability to draw, super slow mo, forward and reverse, etc. I went thru our game of Friday night and cut a 156 play game into a ten play package to send to my crew. Plays where I thought we screwed up, or did something very well. I was able to circle a player, or an event, add notes to each play etc.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

Return to Fastpitch Discussions