Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

RIP Coach Ernie Parker

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:40 pm

It is with great sadness that I have to report the passing of a Great Man, Coach Ernie Parker. This man was a legend. I cannot even imagine how many athletes he had taught over the years. He is no longer in pain and now He can sit up above and watch all the games he wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5-FtmSKrk
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Pale Rider » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:45 pm

I'll post services information on here as soon as I can...
I met Ernie several years ago, he was a friend of mines, kids pitching coach...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:27 am

My oldest DD and I had the pleasure to meet and work with Ernie several times, starting when she was eight. Every time there was immediate improvement. I saw this with the other girls as well at his clinics because he commanded their attention and respect like no other and his instruction was simple, concise and clear.

The sport is better because of him, but has lost a great teacher, mentor and man. There are few left like Coach Parker.

RIP Ernie.
ontheblack

by BBCoach2020 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 am

The best pitching coach I have ever met, my daughter had the pleasure of being his student until he left for Tennessee. He will be missed.
BBCoach2020
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Had the pleasure of having DD work with Ernie on 6 or 7 occasions. I am still amazed at what he was able to teach her in the short amount of time she had with him.

Watching Ernie coach was refreshing. He was always "present". His level of attention to the lesson, he was always warm always paying attention to DD when she asked yet another question, always engaged.

Quite amazing considering he was 76 years old, just got off a 5 hour flight and stayed in a hotel. His ability to give you the sense that nothing was more important than this moment, than this task was quite amazing.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Very neat that so many folks from across the nation have ties with Ernie...
1st time I saw him we were playing in a tourney in Chattanooga...I thought some old fart was trying to steal signals as he was making signals with his hands...to the other team it seemed...I didnt know who he was and was *just* before showing him what side of the bleachers was for HIS team...but I found out...he was giving signals to our pitcher... ;)
The man lived a long life, and touched many players in the game...
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Very neat that so many folks from across the nation have ties with Ernie...

That is his legacy. He impacted so many lives across the country and across several decades.
ontheblack

by Pale Rider » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:08 am

Per a friend who is close to that area and friends with Ernie...His wishes are to be cremated and then set free in the MS River near Memphis...and this speaks volumes of his passion for the game...any services, life celebrations in his name will be held...
after the summer softball season...

Also here.. http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Ernest-Parker&lc=2230&pid=171926806&mid=6067840
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions