Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

ASA Nationals San Diego. HELP

What's on your mind?

by yellowballcarpool » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:16 am

I have sent several emails to the TD in San Diego asking questions that are NOT in the packet and NOT on the website. I received two different email addresses and copied both, to no avail. So please HELP. Is there a parade with opening ceremonies? Costumes? What does the skills contest consist of? Do we sign up for a skills slot like at TCS? Is anyone else getting an answer from them or is there a phantom TD? These people are so overworked and are volunteers, but a simple email or FAQ link would suffice in the future
yellowballcarpool

by jtat32 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:50 am

yellowballcarpool wrote:I have sent several emails to the TD in San Diego asking questions that are NOT in the packet and NOT on the website. I received two different email addresses and copied both, to no avail. So please HELP. Is there a parade with opening ceremonies? Costumes? What does the skills contest consist of? Do we sign up for a skills slot like at TCS? Is anyone else getting an answer from them or is there a phantom TD? These people are so overworked and are volunteers, but a simple email or FAQ link would suffice in the future

Parade - I would guess that teams will enter together. You should have your players assembled ahead of time.

Costumes - You can do whatever you choose, but I doubt that there will be many costumes. I could be wrong.

Skills - There hasn't been any communication on this, but if they get it put together it will be something like throwing (relays) and/or running (relays) and/or hitting. Unless something comes out ahead of time, plan on signing up at the Manager's Lunch or at the ceremony. Your players should have cleats, gloves, and maybe bats, handy.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by yellowballcarpool » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:47 pm

For TCS, almost all had costumes. Just wondering with ASA. Sure would have been nice to know any of this a few weeks ago when my first email went in. Many teams are traveling. I do know there is pin trading and a gift exchange with the first team. Anyone know the roster number limit? I don't want to short any girl.
yellowballcarpool

by yellowballcarpool » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:16 pm

not the first time attending a weeklong tourney, but just making sure it is still done as there was no mention. really trying to find out about time slots for skills. just trying to organize everyone's time and can't do it without all the answers. it is what it is and we will just have to go with it and enjoy the ride!
yellowballcarpool

by jtat32 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 pm

How did it work out for your team yellowball? Did they have a good time with the ceremony?
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Spazsdad wrote:ASA limit is 20.
Back when we went all the teams dressed up somewhat for opening ceremonies. Some with crazy socks and their team jersey others with complete outfits, hats, etc.
Is this your first time attending because I doubt it is going to be any different than previous ASA Nationals
Never heard of any skills competitions at ASA Nationals before but haven't been there in a few years

Whens 8U start? ;)
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions