Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Recruitment help

What's on your mind?

by Omsoftball » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 pm

I think fastpitchdad05 is right on-track with sound advice. All our college commits made frequent contact with their schools and coaches. When you travel, let the coaches know. I think YouTube is a very economical way of posting up-to-date videos. Communication is the path to success in my opinion and observation. Being on a team with sound college ties never hurts. I think D2, D3, and NAIA is a good way to go. Great education and they get to play the game they love. Good luck!
Omsoftball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Omsoftball wrote:I think fastpitchdad05 is right on-track with sound advice. All our college commits made frequent contact with their schools and coaches. When you travel, let the coaches know. I think YouTube is a very economical way of posting up-to-date videos. Communication is the path to success in my opinion and observation. Being on a team with sound college ties never hurts. I think D2, D3, and NAIA is a good way to go. Great education and they get to play the game they love. Good luck!

Thanks Omsoftball. I'm just trying to give back now that we're near the end of our journey. And of course...I hate to see others make the mistakes I did. :oops:

DD is currently looking for a new team so that we can play closer to home here in San Diego. Now that we have likely found a college home for her we would prefer that the last year not be quite as much of a grind. Traveling several hours for practice can take it's toll on everyone involved.

I just wish her mom still coached. She and my father-in-law coached her for the first 10 years she played and I still think they were the best coaches she ever had. :)
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoftballInSoCal » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Advanced Fastpitch Training has had tremendous success helping players get to play at the next level. Over 85 kids alone in the last 3 years. Run by successful coach Jeff Blanco whose own daughter is playing for Michigan.

Jeff 714-893-3175

www.AdvancedFastpitchTraining.com

Tell him Chris sent you
A Clear Conscience Makes For A Soft Pillow!
SoftballInSoCal
Premium Member
Premium Member

by mfrmorg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:39 pm

"MyFit + RoadMap"
IS OFFERING THE BELOW TO "HEYBUCKET" USERS

go to:

http://mfrm.org/heybucket.html

DO NOT MISS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO FIND
THE PERFECT UNIVERSITY FOR YOU!!!

Last edited by mfrmorg on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfrmorg

by fasterpitch92701 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Just a heads-up to those posters considering D2/3,,,,this board is D1 centric. 99% of the posters daughters are going D1 because they are studs with 2250 SAT's, are then going on to pro-ball after they get their degree in multidisciplinary studies or communcations. Anything other than a D1 is something akin to T-ball and should be avoided regardless of academic intent. (yes, sarcasm and jest. Let your panties return to their untwisted state.)

Nevertheless, a recruiting suggestion...ALWAYS include the assistant coaches in all emails. Send brightly colored post cards (really) with a link to an online video of your daughters skill set. Be persistent. Visit the schools. Ask if the coach or assistants will be there. If they can't commit to a time, be there anyway and show them that you are REALLY interested. Read: if you approach it as "your school is number 7 on our list of top 10 schools to attend"... then you're sunk. Go to the top three and let them know that each one is #1.

There are many, many good ideas on this board regarding recruiting suggestions and ideas. Spend 3 hours going over historical posts. Take notes, It's worth it.

enjoy
fasterpitch92701

by Pale Rider » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Now thats not true...
Theres plenty of folks on here whose kids elected the non D1 route...
Its a place to talk about softball...And some very helpful knowledgeable folks...and some 'not so much'
Funny thing is most folks come here looking for help recruiting @ D1 schools and usually the BIG name places..."Rae Rae gonna play PAC 12 ball"

Caveat is, the DII and DIII and even NAIA and JUCO recruit kids the same way, in most of the same places...So any advice given here is applicable to any level school they seek...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:58 pm

I am a very proud and blessed parent of a DII kid.
That is what she wanted and is the perfect fit for her.
She is an hour away and comes home almost every weekend to torment us.
Nope we will not see her on TV will have to settle for live. :D
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Safebyahare wrote:I am a very proud and blessed parent of a DII kid.
That is what she wanted and is the perfect fit for her.
She is an hour away and comes home almost every weekend to torment us.
Nope we will not see her on TV will have to settle for live. :D

Amen, and once you start really learning about softball programs at places kids wanna go...and the truth comes out warts and all...You see things in a different light...I know of a couple in our 'area'...that...lets just say while theyre somewhat successful at the game...It aint all candies and nuts
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Agree with pale rider. Many DII parents are here as well.

Also the process for getting into DII is very much the same as it was for getting to DI. I very much have appreciated jonriv, safebyahare and others that have shared their recruiting routes.

For me there are a few more DI posters here, compared to DII largely because DonnieS was one of the first guys to come here talk fairly openly about his recruiting experience. That started the ball rolling. Before that, you would have spend weeks at the ball field trying to find out the smallest tidbit of information about how the process works.

The DII guys did not get rolling until a bit more recently. But they are definitely represented. Personally it would be great to hear more from people that have gone through to DII, NAIA, DIII and JC routes.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mark H » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:02 pm

DonnieS - Good guy with an extremely varied recruiting experience between two very talented athletic girls. He could talk awhile without repeating himself about just his girls never mind his team.
Mark H

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions