Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

High School Stats

What's on your mind?

by PDad » Thu May 08, 2014 1:21 pm

rfmnz wrote:
PDad wrote:It looked like they credited a hit for just about every AB that wasn't a strike out.

You see a lot of these same discrepancies on Rec teams that use the popular app, GameChanger.

Not like this - GC won't credit a hit when they fail to reach base. They were evidently crediting a hit on any fair batted ball, including the ones where they didn't reach base. 306 AB with 236 H and 59 K accounts for all but 11 AB.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Thu May 08, 2014 1:48 pm

well fastpitchdad despite the fact that I don't wear panties, but do overly use both trite language & euphemisms - I must say only a man secure in his masculinity (like myself) can raise his children in a gay neighborhood like West Hollywood. :lol: then again WEHO does border Beverly Hills :roll:
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Fri May 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Play the HS stats game.

When you see the team with the clearly elevated stats, go over to their team as "Ask them who is reporting your stats?" Have some fun with it.

I agree with Sam. My experience with stats at TB or HS has been about the seem. Good coaches, HS or TB, tend to have good stats. Bad coaches tend to have disorganized and parent inflated stats.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Fri May 09, 2014 5:57 pm

...wearing panties...don't be so quick to judge;-)
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri May 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Pale Rider wrote:...wearing panties...don't be so quick to judge;-)

Did you get yours at booty camp?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BAM2 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Ok my first High school season and it's looking like we might be spoiled. We have a sports writer for the local paper that covers most the teams in our league and area. He has been a writer for the paper going on 17 years and a sports writer in general longer that that. He has stats, names, and games in a binder that he carries with him everywhere. He can refrence anything at any given time. He actually confirms with the score keepers during the game and after to get stats cross refrenced to make sure that all three books are the same.( Yes he actuall score keeps also) I don't keep score, but just find it interesting when people are committed especially when they are doing it for the sport, and have no kids or family on any of the teams. He's always at our games, so i wonder if he has "scouts" at the other games to bring him stats. That's a question i'll have to ask. Inquiring minds want to know. Stat's are cool to look at even better when they are pretty accurate. Some of my kids travelball teamates, their HS doesn't report. So there is a lot missing to make these stats valid in relation to other athletes. But for my own and her teamates, it's okay.
Hat's off to you Mr. sports writer, and thank your for your showing a interest in our sport.,
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Fri May 09, 2014 10:57 pm

When it comes time for the HS league coaches to determine MVP & 1st team all league etc...the ones that keep their book correctly will challenge those who don't & will show up prepared to shoot down those who inflate their stats because they can see it plain as day on Maxpreps. Then again, coaches that like to keep their pitchers ERA down (who don't post fielding stats) will give errors to their own team. The double edged sword.

Pale Rider there is no shame to your game :lol:
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BAM2 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:57 am

exD1dad wrote:When it comes time for the HS league coaches to determine MVP & 1st team all league etc...the ones that keep their book correctly will challenge those who don't & will show up prepared to shoot down those who inflate their stats because they can see it plain as day on Maxpreps. Then again, coaches that like to keep their pitchers ERA down (who don't post fielding stats) will give errors to their own team. The double edged sword.

Pale Rider there is no shame to your game :lol:

Heard about a internet picture circulating with Pale Rider in a Camo Thong !!
Whatdya Say Sarge, can you confirm or deny......
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Sat May 10, 2014 5:33 am

Gotta have someplace to conceal my 'gun'...

"This is my weapon, this is my gun"....Gunny Hartman
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat May 10, 2014 12:54 pm

BAM2 wrote: Heard about a internet picture circulating with Pale Rider in a Camo Thong !!

For God's sake, don't post it here!

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions