Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Recruiting Websites -- Experiences

What's on your mind?

by Grey Beard » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:39 am

I have been through the recruiting process with my older DD, which resulted in her playing at her dream D 1 school. We did it the old school way; hundreds of individual emails to coaches with schedule and link to video. It took alot of time. I am about to start the process again with my second DD who is in middle school and we want to use technology available to help speed up the emailing and tracking process. I know there are various recruiting websites that claim to be able to send tailored mass emails to schools and permit you to track who has been sent what as well as which coaches have viewed your DD's video. I am very interested in any recommendations or experiences to help make our lives easier the second time around.
Grey Beard

by DonnieS » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:58 am

Spazsdad wrote:Sounds like the original method was successful. I say stick with it especially if your kid was the one doing the work. Good lesson for her to work for a result.

What he said. Also been through it, stick to what works.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BAM2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Not being part of a coaching staff, parents have to do some foot work on their own. Our daughter was able to verbal early, but it's amazing just how much input and dialog you are able to have on your own. We signed up and paid for NCSA and it's a great tool. Give me a call and I can walk you though the whole website at no Charge!!! Cause we already paid for it. Not only will you be able to see what they have, but you'll be able to test drive it first hand.
Nothing beats hard work and playing well when it counts. This recruiting site is more than just for sending out emails.
Oh yeah and talking with fellow heybucketers helped also. I haven't meet Donnie S, but he was very instrumental in insights to some of the colleges we were looking at.
Camps at the school of interest is very important, and expensive if you have a big list.. but it's a first hand look at the campus and coaches in their environment. Also gives you a chance to ask parents of the kids that go there all the questions that you have.
This sticks in my head all the time. Quoting Mr. Jorge Araujo, CSUF.
" They will be some schools that really want you, that you don't want, And there will be some schools that don't want you ,
That you really want. But it's about finding the right fit, and you will know when that happens."

Chris Kumiyama
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:50 am

What you did with your first daughter is tehe tried and true method. I would concur with camp attendance. back when we were in the recruitiong hunt- I used the free versions of sites like berecruited.com as a reference point. All real contacts came through individual coach e-mails and camps. I would also suggest filling out the recruiter questionaire at all schools your daughter is interested in. Several College coaches have told me they are always suprised more players do not fill it out. It will put your DD on mailing lists and many times is coach's first indication of interest from a player.
jonriv

by toprecruit » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Grey-

(Not everyone has the same taste, but I thought to share info about a resource that you might find helpful and put everything together for you)

I wanted to inform you about a company I represent, Top Recruit. We specialize in cost-effective resources that essentially allow parents/players a tool to keep all recruiting essentials in an organized fashion. Think of it like Turbo Tax is to taxpayers come tax time. Yes, that simple. Of course just like you did with your first child, individual emails from the players to the coaches is extremely important, and usually undervalued.

If you have your own highlight videos that you can embed, our Player Profiles (cost $8.33/month) support video websites like YouTube and Vimeo.com. In addition the profiles are completely editable and updatable. We truly focused on providing resources that safeguard from parents having to pay someone upwards of $1500-$2500 to represent your child. There are limitations to being a company that provides that service and by NOT being that type of company, we are able to provide additional resources such as Combine, Showcase Camps with College Coaches as well as the template that is as easy as pie to do yourself.

Hope this helps and continued luck on the journey for you and your DD.

Warm regards,

Ian Jones
President
Top Recruit
http://www.toprecruit.com
Last edited by toprecruit on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toprecruit
Premium Member
Premium Member

by swebb » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:15 am

I have been a college scout for a long time now, I personally have helped over 300 young athletes achieve their goals in playing at the next level. The one thing I believe in the most is helping these athletes find the right college, the college they are going to excel at, not just play a sport but excel academically and grow.
There are a lot of recruiting websites out there .
If you choose a recruiting service to help you and your athlete please ask questions first.
As a parent I would want to know.
* What your services can do for my child ( #1 Question)
*How are you going to help my athlete get recruited
* How much is this going to cost
* Are your services guaranteed
* How much time can I be involved in the recruiting process
* Will my athlete ever get to meet you or will you come and watch my athlete play
I could go on and on.
The one thing I can say is do your homework on recruiting services before you send a check.
I am a Scout for NSR (National Scouting Report) NSR has been around longer than most and we are worldwide. I love watching my athletes compete and grow into young adults.
Our website is http://www.nsr-inc.com
I will give Ian from Top Recruit a thumbs up, Ian is doing great things with Top Recruit I wish everyone well over at Top Recruit.
Good luck in the recruiting process I wish you all well.
Sean
NSR Scout
National PSB Softball Director
http://www.nsr-inc.com
http://www.paramountscouting.com
swebb@nsr-inc.com
swebb
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 am

I think for those offering the services- go to the classified section- poster is looking for advice(not ads)
jonriv

Return to Fastpitch Discussions