Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

team chemistry

What's on your mind?

by BearsDad » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:42 pm

how important is team chemistry? we are on a great team that DD loves. all the parents and players get along great.
we had a girl come try out for the team that we played with before. shes a decent player, but did cause some problems on previous team. DD and her don't get along very well.

now my question. she has not been offered a spot and not sure she will. my DD wants me to talk to the coach. but I'm not thinking I should. I told her shes not always going to get along with everyone and this might be a good time to learn how.
BearsDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:34 pm

...Well...chemistry is important...
I know of a HS team that's like Diethylzinc
spontaneously flammable in air
Reacts violently with water to form flammable ethane gas,
ignites instantaneously
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:43 am

BearsDad wrote:how important is team chemistry? we are on a great team that DD loves. all the parents and players get along great.
we had a girl come try out for the team that we played with before. shes a decent player, but did cause some problems on previous team. DD and her don't get along very well.

now my question. she has not been offered a spot and not sure she will. my DD wants me to talk to the coach. but I'm not thinking I should. I told her shes not always going to get along with everyone and this might be a good time to learn how.

Keep your mouth shut until you are asked by the coach. Disparaging a player voluntarily looks like you have an ulterior motive.

Plus, your kid could have been the problem on the previous team. That would definitely be the new player's story.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:42 pm

Team chemistry is important, but I would listen to Sam ;)
jonriv

by wild thing » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:52 pm

I think team chemistry is HUGE especially when dealing with teenage girls. There is something to be said about "learning to deal with it" especially player to player but the overall team chemistry cannot be underestimated.

The reality is the top 10% of players are straight out ballers and chemistry may not be as important to them but the majority of players will perform better if there are fewer distractions and they enjoy going to practices and games.

As Sam said though, keep your mouth shut unless the coach asks your opinion :)

Drama sucks...whether created by the player or the parent.
wild thing
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Lunatic Fringe » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Sam would be easier to listen to if he didn't have his head in his ass. Trust the coach on this one (and Sam) unless you are asked
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by capp16 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:57 am

Team chemistry is very important but it is also very important to be able to play well with all different types of people. It isn't your place to say anything unless you are approached by the coach...it is ultimately the coach's responsibility to decipher the situation and coach the team as needed.
capp16

Return to Fastpitch Discussions