Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

What do you think about the Evoshield elbow guard

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Tue May 06, 2014 12:59 pm

DonnieS wrote:
Sam wrote:Hitting kids in lieu of intentionally walking them just doesn't happen. Who in the world would:

a) Sanction hitting a kid
b) take a chance on missing the batter and throwing a wild pitch allowing the runners on base to advance when you are trying to set up one or more force plays in the infield.

Some coach has been pulling your collective legs. One would have to be completely brain dead to try and hit a batter instead of walking them intentionally.

Come to Texas. My kid's goal was to make damn sure they paid for it everytime they did it. Her last run at the playoffs in high school, on game one , they plunked her 3 out of 4 at bats, the 3rd at bat they missed and she put it out of the park. After the last at - bat, hit in the back, she stood there for a minute, threw the bat down and walked up to the blue and said something to him, they turned and took her base. The next day, out in the parking lot before the 2nd game, I asked the blue what she said, (most if not all the blues in our general area have been calling her games since she was 6 and are friends - outside of game time). He said, "She said, When are you going to start doing your job!." He explained that in softball, the blue has to hear the coach tell the pitcher to hit the batter before he can take action. But before the second game, the blues went to the C/S team dugout, this was Victoria East or Victoria West , don't remember which and he warned them that if they pulled the same crap, they were looking at forfeit. Don't know if he really would have but she didn't get hit, she put two balls out and we run ruled them. The parents told me to tell her to retaliate - she was the pitcher then, but she said, and I knew she would because since she was 9, this was her attitude about retaliation, "Why the h would I put their butts on first base, the best thing I can do is put them back in the dugout."

Hi Donnie,

Allow me to suggest that they weren't trying to intentionally put her on base....they were trying to hurt her. If they were hitting her as an easier way to intentionally walk her, they would have put her on base every at bat. JMO.

While I laud your DD's intelligence, I think there is always something to be said for retribution and retalliation.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Tue May 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Sam wrote:
DonnieS wrote:
Sam wrote:Hitting kids in lieu of intentionally walking them just doesn't happen. Who in the world would:

a) Sanction hitting a kid
b) take a chance on missing the batter and throwing a wild pitch allowing the runners on base to advance when you are trying to set up one or more force plays in the infield.

Some coach has been pulling your collective legs. One would have to be completely brain dead to try and hit a batter instead of walking them intentionally.

Come to Texas. My kid's goal was to make damn sure they paid for it everytime they did it. Her last run at the playoffs in high school, on game one , they plunked her 3 out of 4 at bats, the 3rd at bat they missed and she put it out of the park. After the last at - bat, hit in the back, she stood there for a minute, threw the bat down and walked up to the blue and said something to him, they turned and took her base. The next day, out in the parking lot before the 2nd game, I asked the blue what she said, (most if not all the blues in our general area have been calling her games since she was 6 and are friends - outside of game time). He said, "She said, When are you going to start doing your job!." He explained that in softball, the blue has to hear the coach tell the pitcher to hit the batter before he can take action. But before the second game, the blues went to the C/S team dugout, this was Victoria East or Victoria West , don't remember which and he warned them that if they pulled the same crap, they were looking at forfeit. Don't know if he really would have but she didn't get hit, she put two balls out and we run ruled them. The parents told me to tell her to retaliate - she was the pitcher then, but she said, and I knew she would because since she was 9, this was her attitude about retaliation, "Why the h would I put their butts on first base, the best thing I can do is put them back in the dugout."

Hi Donnie,

Allow me to suggest that they weren't trying to intentionally put her on base....they were trying to hurt her. If they were hitting her as an easier way to intentionally walk her, they would have put her on base every at bat. JMO.

While I laud your DD's intelligence, I think there is always something to be said for retribution and retalliation.

Sam, you are exactly right. She told me it always amazed her that people would try to hbp her - she said, "Dont they know what I could do to them". Here is the way she thought - I stopped at a store once, she was still in high school , i said , come on, you are not staying in the car, this is not a safe area. Her words to me were , "Dont worry Dad, I have a softball." She freaking considered the softball a weapon. I stopped catching for her soon after this.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions