Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Which hitting style is king?

What's on your mind?

by CallingCadence14 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:49 pm

As far as a King Swing (Rotational).Doesnt really matter though.Seen both styles and as far as that went,seen a team with almost all linear mechanics just sit on a pitcher and and drove the friggin ball.Noticed that the linear hitters picked up those high strikes really well and once there timing got on as a team they had a hitting parade .Marching past us one girl at a time.Changed pitchers several times with no avail, it was an optic yellow laser show.No one ever really got it over the fence but they put a display you wouldnt believe,just a solid .Straight up smash mouth softball.They played a really slow pitcher the next game and just walloped that pitcher to death. turned around and faced a fast pitcher with great movement and just got eaten alive not one single hit not even a hit out or a fouled ball.Just depends on the girls and what mood they are in i guess.
CallingCadence14

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:03 pm

I've always found linear hitters (not slappers) to be very easy to call pitches against. Inside drops and screw balls just feed them their lunch (can't hit an inside pitch fair). The occasional 200 ft foul ball followed by the "oooooh ok now straighten it out" (upon hearing this the coach calling pitches and I would make eye contact and try not to laugh). Finally the hitter backs off the plate....curve ball.....good night...thank you for playing.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by 2smoove » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:54 pm

Yo Gone,

That is so true.

You can eat up linear hitters with a little bit of pitch calling skill.

Maybe instead of saying which style is King, we should start a string that asks which style just plain sucks!
2smoove

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions