Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fork and Beans

What's on your mind?

by anonlooker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Sam wrote:
anonlooker wrote:
Sam wrote:

You've got me there....this approach certainly works well with child molesters when they are caught and released......they are ashamed, subject to public ridicule and likely will never repeat.

This is the hysteria borne of the pitchfork mentality I referred to earlier.

There's a new study out that 'exercise' is the number one factor in staving off dementia. You should really consider taking a hike.

Hysteria? I merely made a logical comparison which utilizes similar principles to those proposed by another poster.

My old man does suffer from dementia....he meets new people every day and hides his own easter eggs.

Here's a link

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 181059.htm

Article links to university, and the study.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by AlwaysImprove » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:35 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:I call a duel!!! 16 oz Miller Lites at 10 paces...

My money is on jtat. If fpd05 did anything at all, he would immediately have to call his kids college coach, get her thrown out, call her friends college coach get her thrown out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztgWdMEJdg
jtats' real name must be larry.

All kidding aside, AI...I would appreciate if you would not intimate that I had anything to do with any phone calls to anyone regarding this issue. The only reason I know anything about that is because you have repeatedly brought it up.

Do you even know if it's true?

Everything I have said to anyone, outside of my family, has been said on HB...period.

Hare, fair warning...I may have to get personal if this continues. I'll put in PM just for you, though.

Oh, hey, your right. Sorry about your Corvette.

I have been dragging the pitchforkers here in with the pitchforkers on that other board. They definitely advocated calling college coaches, including the wrong one, and bosses. The main one advocating coach calling, excitedly posting stats same as you here.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Fastpitchdad: You've used that verbal ammo before and see where it got you.
I would think you would learn like the video of people hiding. :lol:
But that's ok,,,stand up.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Safebyahare wrote:Fastpitchdad: You've used that verbal ammo before and see where it got you.
I would think you would learn like the video of people hiding. :lol:
But that's ok,,,stand up.

Hare, not sure what you mean by hiding, but I have stated my full name here on HB and would be glad to do so again.

I decided a while back not to hide behind a screen name. Not sure if that's what you meant, but if so just say the word and I'll do it again. I have nothing to hide.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:03 pm

This video from page 26 from Vess Express.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0WOIwlXE9g
So stand up.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:26 pm

PDad wrote:
Sam wrote:
PDad wrote:
Sam wrote:
PDad wrote:Be careful what you wish for regarding consequences because there are also unintended consequences. Fox is a great example - he was booted from Renegades as a consequence and ended up with his own BB franchise as an unintended consequence. Has Fox done anything remotely like that again? If not, it isn't because of these consequences. More likely, it is from being ashamed of what he'd done - and that didn't receive nearly the publicity this has.

What we all want is for this to not be repeated - by them or anyone else.

You've got me there....this approach certainly works well with child molesters when they are caught and released......they are ashamed, subject to public ridicule and likely will never repeat.

What a crock of shit - comparing this to child molesters. They have a high rate of recidivism even after spending time in prison. :roll:

Remove child molester and replace it with a batterer or whatever type of offender you wish.

Okay - you. We know you did things you regret while coaching. Did someone else have to punish you to make you change or was realizing what you had done enough?

Looking back on my time coaching I guess I would have preferred that the governing bodies had imposed pitch limits on all pitchers.

The changes in my coaching approach were due to learning from many of the best coaches out there. I've been fortunate enough to coach with Dave Clark, Ron Smith, Ken Nelson, and Dave Daniels. I've also aged while losing a fair amount of testosterone. I'm not sure if I was ashamed of anything I did on the field.

This sport constantly fails to weed out the worst of us, indeed seems to reward bad behavior. If the governing bodies refuse to take a roll in removing these folks from positions of leadership, certainly no one will. It does suck that we are reduced to calling on the governing bodies to take action, but the only other choice is to do absolutely nothing and wait for the next worse thing to happen.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:52 pm

FPDad05,

Sorry about your mother. All else... :)
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:13 am

Safebyahare wrote:This video from page 26 from Vess Express.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0WOIwlXE9g
So stand up.

I get it it now, Hare. I can only hope that when I stand up you are the one sighting in the scope. :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:16 am

jtat32 wrote:FPDad05,

Sorry about your mother. All else... :)

In that case, I'll take a Flor de Cana and Coke.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:28 am

Sam wrote:This sport constantly fails to weed out the worst of us, indeed seems to reward bad behavior. If the governing bodies refuse to take a roll in removing these folks from positions of leadership, certainly no one will. It does suck that we are reduced to calling on the governing bodies to take action, but the only other choice is to do absolutely nothing and wait for the next worse thing to happen.

I wasn't going to post on this topic anymore, simply because I've already added any potentially useful insight that I might have, and probably exceeded that by a fair amount. That said, let's agree to disagree on this particular incident, and think more generally. You are way more experience than I am, and you gained this experience near the epicenter of the softball universe, but I've been around enough to know that there is plenty of bad behavior out there.

Here's the question I see, how do the governing bodies take action when there are multiple relevant sanctions? If a high profile coach from a high profile organization gets banned from one, nothing is going to prevent them from moving their business to another. Depending on how much pull this coach/org has, that could hurt the sanction more than the coach. Politically, there is no chance that the sanctions will band together to pass a joint decision. Even if they did, I would presume it would be near impossible to defend a legal challenge if the behavior occurred in another sanction's event. For that matter, the potential legal costs of defending a challenge might be one of the biggest obstacles for individual sanctions to impose penalties within their own domain. The best authorities to make these decisions are the orgs themselves, but they have a bottom line to maintain, and if you fire a coach from one they will probably wind up somewhere else, if they have a name, or start their own org. That leaves it in the hands of the parents who traditionally have shown poor judgement in this regard. Even worse, it leaves "justice" to a grass-roots process that invariably becomes so corrupted by group-think and manipulation by disgruntled parents that it's almost impossible for an outsider to make an accurate assessment. Kind of a catch-22 in my mind.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions