Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fork and Beans

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:55 am

It never ceases to amaze me.....the coaches that parents will take their kids to.....has this guy coached a game ever in life? So many easily correctable mistakes.

1) How does this guy not come out to the circle to correct his PITCHER sooner? She is clearly not hitting a single target the catcher is providing. His CATCHER is providing some targets that are clearly outside the strike zone.

2) How do you not replace the pitcher? She's all over the place and walking in runs. She is showcasing her ability to have a very bad day. Get her out of there.

3) If you really think the umpire is squeezing your pitcher, do something about it.....find out what he thinks she's doing....is it my catcher.....get thrown out....anything but hit the guy on purpose.

4) Take action to calm down your fricking parents. You can show the umpire some respect by telling your fans to shut their mouths about the strike zone. Its easy and goes a long way.

The guy is a lousy coach and likely needs to engage in a nice game of rochambeau with the plate umpire.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:00 am

I think Sam is right on with his analysis. There were lots of things this "coach" should have done better. He needed to be a leader-he obviously was not.
jonriv

by anonlooker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 pm

There is no evidence presented that the coach ordered this.
Just something to consider before you condemn him.
Facts matter.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by jonriv » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:14 pm

[quoteThere is no evidence presented that the coach ordered this.
Just something to consider before you condemn him.
Facts matter.][/quote]

There is circumstational evidence. which is evidence. Upset coach who is riding ump all game- has conference with pitcher and catcher- umpire thrown at right after---what else do you need??? tape recording? lip reading??? written and notarized confession??? Perhaps he would crack after some interogation?
jonriv

by Kev_in » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm

I watched the whole game video, and I can say the umpire was consistent in his calls. In that last inning, the starting pitcher was getting lit up and a change was made. The pitcher in question was very wild and had walked several batters before the time out was called. The catcher was clearly pulling into the strike zone and most of those pitches were balls. Even those that the dugout and the fans were complaining about. I have to admit, the parents on the CC side sure seem like they are way out of control (are they normally this way?)

I think it's pretty funny that on the CC Gold website, the first paragraph says how they teach life lessons through softball.... I wonder what life lesson was taught that night?
Kev_in

by Sam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:44 pm

I also can't believe that Andy Anderson would lend his name to a team coached by a moron like this. Years of excellence can be erased by single incidents like this particular act of idiocy.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Is cash still king??? Is it all about money? Would love to hear from anyone from ASA, PGF, TCS, USSSA.. or are they OK with it, was it just a teaching experience. They are THE sanctioning bodies of travelball.
Or is Mel's "I'm sorry" acceptable.
After all, he could hide behind his players, like a terrorist hides behind children.
Or face his actions like a grow man who made a mistake.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DDG » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:51 pm

anonlooker - I agree that there is not concrete evidence that coach ordered this - we don't have a recording of his conversation in the circle. However, there is clear evidence that it was planned. The catcher was bailing out as soon as the ball left pitcher's hand. The fact that the ball happen to ricochet off the umpire's head in the direction the catcher bailed may have made this not look so bad in real time.

Does the coach stand up and support his pitcher and catcher, or does he cower behind their actions and let them take the blame? ..... this is assuming any of the groups profiting off of TB take any action (ASA, TC, PGF, etc.).

Most likely nothing will happen unless the ump initiates it. Then he will run the risk of being blackballed for creating a problem.

Where are the Cruiser folks coming on here to defend their precious team? I'm disappointed, not a single new user ID created so a concerned person could post on this subject. I guess this is just not as exciting as a kid being forced to change their number, or the ever popular Ray Ray.

Don't you think it's ironic? The kid couldn't hit her spots the whole inning, but could nail the ump's head. Maybe she was just trying to scare him and hit him accidentally.
DDG

by andy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:12 pm

by Sam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:44 pm

I also can't believe that Andy Anderson would lend his name to a team coached by a moron like this. Years of excellence can be erased by single incidents like this particular act of idiocy.

Sam, I have not been with Cruisers for two years now since the time one coach attacked one of our coaches in the dugout during a showcase game. I had enough . For me the game became too much about college scholarships and less about playing the game for fun and to better oneself through athletics. Money came in and corrupted the sports as well. Thus I retired though I still watch games now and then. I can say in my years with Mel as a coach and the years I observed Cruisers when I was with Renegades, I never saw Mel order a pitcher to intentionally throw at a batter or umpire. There is a history of strong catchers coming from Cruisers as well as All Americans and Olympians. I do not know what happened and was not there. I would never condone doing it and for now do not believe Mel would do it. Mel is responsible for helping hundreds of girls better themselves through athletics and scholarships. Many who could not afford to play and would have been in gangs or other trouble had he not helped, Those are the only things I can judge Mel on. What was on the video I have no first hand knowledge , do not condone it and refrain from judging it.
andy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:42 pm

andy wrote:

by Sam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Sam, I have not been with Cruisers for two years now since the time one coach attacked one of our coaches in the dugout during a showcase game. I had enough . For me the game became too much about college scholarships and less about playing the game for fun and to better oneself through athletics. Money came in and corrupted the sports as well. Thus I retired though I still watch games now and then. I can say in my years with Mel as a coach and the years I observed Cruisers when I was with Renegades, I never saw Mel order a pitcher to intentionally throw at a batter or umpire. There is a history of strong catchers coming from Cruisers as well as All Americans and Olympians. I do not know what happened and was not there. I would never condone doing it and for now do not believe Mel would do it. Mel is responsible for helping hundreds of girls better themselves through athletics and scholarships. Many who could not afford to play and would have been in gangs or other trouble had he not helped, Those are the only things I can judge Mel on. What was on the video I have no first hand knowledge , do not condone it and refrain from judging it.

Very insightful post Andy, thanks for responding to Sam.

And hey, don't you worry about that coach that attacked that other coach. You see the attacker was severely "punished" for their obscene transgression.

After the attacking coach was asked to leave the org they were with at that time (which rumor has it had little or nothing to do with the attack but more about some money "issues") they were immediately "punished" by being awarded a local franchise team with an even bigger more prestigious org than the one from which they had been asked to leave.

Young ladies conspiring to bean umpires on purpose?

A coach attacking another coach in front of players and parents and then a big org leader turning a blind eye and bringing them aboard because they're a good coach?

Isn't life grand? ;) :roll: :?:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions