Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fork and Beans

What's on your mind?

by bruinfans » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Posted on another softball website....

"The coach met with Triple Crown over this incident and he denied any knowledge and blamed the catcher. Threw her right under the bus.
A coach from the pitchers future school was there and witnessed the whole event.
The dad of the pitcher is also a coach on the team.
Other sanctions that know of this event have refused to issue any penalties against the coach.
Put those in your pie and smoke em."
"Sports do not build character, they reveal it" John Wooden[/i]
bruinfans

by exD1dad » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Gee why am I not surprised that no one wants to stand up & take responsibility for their actions.

Typical in todays society where values have eroded :evil:
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Makina » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:04 pm

"The coach met with Triple Crown over this incident and he denied any knowledge and blamed the catcher. Threw her right under the bus.

The CC coach probably did not know it was on video and probably thought it would just go away and thus denied ordering the catcher to miss the pitch. You also have 5 other infielders that can back coach or the catcher. If True - the catcher should be kicked off of the team, If False - the catcher will quit the team!
Makina

by blackwidow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:05 pm

I doubt they will do anything for whatever reasons they come up with.

I guess when people decide that "they" is really us then something might be done?

They = umpires agreeing not to call his games.
They = parents of players withdrawing from this team
They = opponents refusing to play against a team that is coached by this coach.
They = governing bodies blacklisting any team coached by this coach.
They = players not attending any try-outs conducted by this coach.
They = college coaches not recruiting players from any team coached by this coach.
They = friends, family, fellow coaches calling him out for this big error in judgement and demanding an apology and atonement.
THEY=US

Typical in todays society where values have eroded

It takes a lot of courage to stand up to unethical behavior. This coach is in a position of leadership within the softball community. It will be accepted IF and only IF this is what the softball community is willing to accept from their leaders.
http://www.character-ethics.org/article ... action.htm
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:25 pm

If no disciplinary action is taken then whoever is in charge of the umpires association that worked this tournament should be fired and the umpire that was the victim in this instance should file a lawsuit against pretty much everyone involved, including his boss for their lack of action.

What if this pitcher had been instructed to throw at the batter and that batter was your DD?

It is beyond unbelievable what is swept under the carpet in the travel softball world.

Honestly...I can't wait until it's over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kr24G8jQpM
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:40 pm

bruinfans wrote:Posted on another softball website....

"The coach met with Triple Crown over this incident and he denied any knowledge and blamed the catcher. Threw her right under the bus. ..."

Too bad TCS didn't have someone like Lt. Kaffee to question Mel...

TCS: *Coach Mel, did you order the beaning?*
Mel: You want answers?
TCS: I think we're entitled to.
Mel: *You want answers?*
TCS: *We want the truth!*
Mel: *You can't handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Mel: Son, we work in an industry that has egos, and those egos have to be protected by men with guts. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Travis? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the umpire, and you curse the coaches. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That umpire's beaning, while tragic, probably saved egos. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves egos. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that field, you need me on that field. We use words like honor, commitment, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching players. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who profits from the very teams that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I coach them. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some players and coach a team. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

TCS: Did you order the beaning?
Mel: I did the job I...
TCS: *Did you order the beaning?*
Mel: *You're Goddamn right I did!*
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CheckWriter » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Like it!
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Apparently :|
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:26 pm

FWIW, I wouldn't expect anyone involved to post on here and subject themselves to the lynch mob.

I do suspect this is being handled directly between the relevant parties.

Pale Rider's graphic above nailed it.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by exD1dad » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:28 pm

PDad you're Hilarious :D

My DW was at Jacks house up on Mullholland Drive for a job this Tuesday. Met him in his "Great Room" where he keeps all his awards. That blew her away. She said what everybody who ever met him says "He was so friendly, nice, so cool, so ...Jack" :D
Then he paid her almost triple!
Attachments
Jack in umiform.jpg
Jack in umiform.jpg (70.69 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions