Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fork and Beans

What's on your mind?

by Safebyahare » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:37 pm

andy wrote:I would never condone doing it and for now do not believe Mel would do it. Mel is responsible for helping hundreds of girls better themselves through athletics and scholarships. Many who could not afford to play and would have been in gangs or other trouble had he not helped, Those are the only things I can judge Mel on. What was on the video I have no first hand knowledge , do not condone it and refrain from judging it.

So some folks are OK with it. Wow.
Blue bear hunting.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ddplayscatcher » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Funny how in the inning before catcher is talking it up with the blue but just before this she backs up and never looks at the ump knowing what is about to happen. And those parents Ughhhh, I am glad that I haven't heard that since 12U!! I am sure the good ole boy club will put a little heat on the org. but nothing will change with entries to tournaments. lets hope something positive comes out of this and the kids learn something.
ddplayscatcher
Premium Member
Premium Member

by progapanda » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:56 pm

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Coach: crap ladies we're in a spot here, aren't we?

Pitcher: yeah coach, I don't know what going on. My drop curves been working all day. But not so much right now.

Coach: yeah I see that.

Catcher: the parents aren't helping.

Coach: when I get back to the dugout I'm gonna try and cool them off.

Catcher: it may be too late. He's already tightened up.

SS: throw some screws and we'll get some outs.

2B: I say we earhole the blue. F that guy. 2 weeks ago he called me out for being out of the box when I know I wasn't.

Coach: I don't think that's a good idea. We could get in trouble.

2B: no we won't. He's showing us how powerful and how much control he has. Don't let the pussies and everyone gets a medal people not here pressure you in to not being a badass. We'll show the blue how much control the person with the ball has. I say shove it!!

3B: WOW

1B: WOW

Coach: I don't...

2B: shut up! Go back to the dugout and sit on your bucket!!

Catcher: WOW

2B: let's do this. Defense on 3....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
progapanda
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ddplayscatcher » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:18 pm

catcher:
dam this is awkward everyone is looking at what I just did for what?

and then the walk of shame.
ddplayscatcher
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:41 am

Andy,

Good to hear from you. This team has your name listed as one of the coaches. I don't know this guy, but I know what I saw on the video. The best case scenario is that he didn't call the play, but he damn sure knew it was coming and did nothing to stop it. I don't think that is the case, but it is possible.

I'm sorry you aren't coaching any more. The sport is worse off without you.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by blackwidow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:55 am

lets hope something positive comes out of this and the kids learn something.

Plenty of blame to go around here. What is the lesson?

YINYANG.jpg
YINYANG.jpg (21.32 KiB) Viewed 5902 times
.…. If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart? –Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Teach Your Children~CSNY
http://youtu.be/ztVaqZajq-I

~PEACE
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by TooOldToCare » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:54 am

Let's assume, for the sake of discussion, that the "Coach" did not orchestrate this abomination! :roll: Once the play developed, where was he? What did he do? If I was in the dugout and saw that occur, I would have been checking the umpire immediately! Followed immediately after by removing the pitcher and the catcher from the game. Further discipline to be determined! Since we never saw him reappear in frame, the assumption is that he was alright with what occured, or he flat out orchestrated it. :x In either case he was very much wrong and should be disciplined.
TooOldToCare

by Sam » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Either he gets banned from coaching again or the players are banned from playing Premier/ASA again. This was premeditated assault and battery.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:57 pm

One might assume that you wouldn't be able to field a crew of umpires for this guy's games. If I was an umpire, I wouldn't work his games.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TooOldToCare » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Spazsdad wrote:The problem with that is organizations cross policing each other. This was a Triple Crown event. The people involved in ASA and PGF most likely are not willing to get involved in an event that they did not sanction, regardless of what happened or the evidence.

Usually agree with you on stuff. In this case not so much. I would view that as a cop out. The action is the action and it should be punished. Period! Universally! Lets assume for discussion that a coach is discovered during the background check process thatn ASA?PGF use, to have assaulted an umpire or coach in youth football. What would their position be? Not their jurisdiction,. Would they approve the coach?
TooOldToCare

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions