Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fork and Beans

What's on your mind?

by Safebyahare » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:37 pm

It's too bad that tempers have calm down, I was just waiting for one of the pitch forkers to call the other side beaner.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Thanks to you guys for taking a big steamy dump all over this thread. Pat yourselves on the backs.

One mans big steamy dump is...

3'sDad wrote:1. 25 pages, over 240 posts - this is turning into a heybuckeT Classic
2. It created enough buzz for thre Scarp meister to contribute.

... Another mans Heybucket Classic!

:lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Skarp » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Thanks to you guys for taking a big steamy dump all over this thread. Pat yourselves on the backs.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155193/thanks
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Will this help or hurt Hey Bucket from getting 124 milion hits this year?
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Safebyahare wrote:It's too bad that tempers have calm down, I was just waiting for one of the pitch forkers to call the other side beaner.

Hahaha, then it would really be on!

Una copa de palomitos, por favor!
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by as the world turns » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Vess Express wrote:And now for something completely different…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0WOIwlXE9g

But, actually, I guess this is related. It does show how people can learn when properly motivated!
Hopefully, everyone involved in this situation, and the many people watching it, have learned how they might react if faced with this. It’s not life or death drama here, but so many things you do have unintended consequences. That is so easy to forget in the heat the moment.

WTH, interesting names - Mrs. B. J. Smegma????
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Sam » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:13 pm

anonlooker wrote:ATWT, please quote where anyone condoned this. I must have missed that post.

Anyone who is a "non-pitchforker" is condoning the act.

"Condone: to regard or treat (something bad or blameworthy) as acceptable, forgivable, or harmless"

That is exactly what the non-pitchforkers are doing. They are, in effect, telling everyone to move along.....nothing to see here. They don't want to see the offenders punished, effectively holding them harmless for their actions.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by topper » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:30 pm

jtat32 wrote:
anonlooker wrote:Copied this from ________, an umpire on the college board:

I can't see me or those I work closest with filing charges or suing over this. We would, however, circle the wagons and ensure that anytime this coach is involved in a game we're working his stay would be miserable and short. As to the sanctioning bodies' responses, I can't control that. I can control who I work for and who I recommend others avoid.

I will take it on faith that this came from an actual ump and I redacted his name because he may be a great guy and a great ump. That said, the only way he could ensure this coach's life would be miserable and short would be through the game. As far as I can gather, he is saying he would give this coach's team bad calls until the coach blows up and gives him a reason to kick him out. Of course this means that he would also simultaneously impacting the players' opportunity to earn a scholarship, and potentially decrease their safety on the field, but too bad, it's more important to win the pissing match. An umps responsibility is to de-escalate, not incite, and not all abide by this. I don't know that this happened here, and coaches share this responsibility, but the possibility is absolutely relevant.

His stay will be miserable and short, not his life. Let's not get carried away. You "gather" wrong, BTW. There's no need to purposely kick calls in order to get coaches to blow up. Most of the time all an umpire has to do is his/her job. Since you've already placed blame on the umpire in the video by accusing him of squeezing the pitcher to make a point, you may have a hard time believing that coaches, players, and fans often blow up when no call was kicked at all.

Making a coach's stay miserable and short involves him having, not a short leash, but no leash. The first reaction to ANY comment from him or his staff would be quick, harsh, and meant to elicit a response for which he would be tossed. I have no responsibility to "de-escalate" a situation when a coach is out of line. I will either warn (once) or eject. The coach's actions determine whether he stays or goes.

The part about "impacting the players' opportunity to earn a scholarship, and potentially decrease their safety on the field" is a nice piece of hyperbole, but ridiculous just the same.
topper

by Skarp » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm quite convinced. In fact, let's scrub the sport and make it squeaky clean, so our children never again have to be exposed to bad conduct, or douchebags, or moral dilemmas. Everyone should make a list of everything that offends them and/or the delicate sensibilities of their little angels. Make a list of everything you consider to be harmful, and let's enact rules prohibiting all of it. Protect the children from danger, I say!!
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:39 pm

After a few days of debating this video and subject I have come up with 2 explanations in this video.
The players: were victims of authority obedience.
The coach Sievers: is victim of secondary team syndrome.
Definition of secondary team syndrome,
The desire not to be considered the secondary team of an organization.
To try harder, to do whatever it takes not play second fiddle to the Phil/Lyn team.
To take a game called because of anything is better than a flat out loss.
Because when you are the secondary team every game counts toward being primary.

Now Mel is gong to get some counseling and take 5 months off.
At that point he will turn his Cal Cruiser papers and become Batbuster/Mizuno Mel.
His team will have blue uniforms so that the parents can yell "come on blue!" all they want.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions