Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fork and Beans

What's on your mind?

by Skarp » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:59 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:Yes we all know that Sam can be a bit harsh and over the top. But in this case, he only wants what a lot of us want...what's right.

As opposed to the cases in which he doesn't want what's right? Which would be what...when he disagrees with you? Everybody here want's what's right; they just differ on what that is.

I am nothing short of the world's foremost authority on the subject of which environments are, or are not, harmful to my child. My opinion on that subject is "right" almost by definition...and I certainly don't need someone else trying to substitute their judgment for my own. Nor would I try to do that to someone else. That's the type of thing that would be apt, in a less candy-ass world, to attract a serious beating. More importantly, it's not right.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:07 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Look at big brother Skarp jumping in to protect Jtat...so cute. :mrgreen:

Unprovoked? Really now Skarp...

Yes, poor Jtat the innocent. :roll:

Before you leave the house today take a quick look in the mirror.

And for Pete's sake...stop acting like I'm the devil of HB. :lol:

BTW...the "truth" is IT WAS WRONG...VERY, VERY WRONG.

600,000 cringing YouTube viewers and counting...

I gave you an easy and specific target where you could hit me if my reasoning is weak, and you ran home crying to mommy. That was truly a 6th grade level response you came back with, and even that is a reach. Trying to save face with "IT WAS WRONG" as being the truth you were withholding is even more comical. We established consensus on that pages ago. I even gave you a clear opportunity to knock me down on that point and you didn't step up to the plate.

I'm sure that in person you're a good guy. I haven't met too many people in this sport that I don't enjoy having a beer with, even those that get nutty at the field. That said, when it comes to any kind of intelligent discussion that requires logic-based thought processes, you're a chihuahau.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Sam wrote:
PDad wrote:
Sam wrote:
PDad wrote:Be careful what you wish for regarding consequences because there are also unintended consequences. Fox is a great example - he was booted from Renegades as a consequence and ended up with his own BB franchise as an unintended consequence. Has Fox done anything remotely like that again? If not, it isn't because of these consequences. More likely, it is from being ashamed of what he'd done - and that didn't receive nearly the publicity this has.

What we all want is for this to not be repeated - by them or anyone else.

You've got me there....this approach certainly works well with child molesters when they are caught and released......they are ashamed, subject to public ridicule and likely will never repeat.

What a crock of shit - comparing this to child molesters. They have a high rate of recidivism even after spending time in prison. :roll:

Remove child molester and replace it with a batterer or whatever type of offender you wish.

Okay - you. We know you did things you regret while coaching. Did someone else have to punish you to make you change or was realizing what you had done enough?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:25 pm

The problem with this country is that we've almost completely abandoned the concept of vigilantism. Instead, we cry to every manner of authority figure to protect us from harm, and we empower more and more authority figures every day to broaden that protection. Rules on top of rules on top of rules. With favoritism inevitably built into their creation, and arbitrariness almost universally built into their enforcement, Meanwhile thugs run wild, norms of interpersonal respect are all but nonexistent, and there's not a damn thing any of us can do about any of it, besides call some authority figure who couldn't give two craps about us or our particular grievance.

That's the backdrop against which I evaluate calls for sanctions against this coach. Cry loud and long enough to some authority figure, and said authority figure comes to your rescue...and tucks you in to bed nice and comfy after the big scary mean thing has been taken away (regardless how big, mean, or scary the thing actually was). It's lynch mob by proxy.

Well I say screw that. Nobody involved in this incident, from the coaches, to the girls, to the families, to the umpires, needs some disembodied bush-on-fire to impose itself on the situation and start doling out consequences. And why any thinking person would invite one is beyond me...
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:11 pm

jtat32 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Look at big brother Skarp jumping in to protect Jtat...so cute. :mrgreen:

Unprovoked? Really now Skarp...

Yes, poor Jtat the innocent. :roll:

Before you leave the house today take a quick look in the mirror.

And for Pete's sake...stop acting like I'm the devil of HB. :lol:

BTW...the "truth" is IT WAS WRONG...VERY, VERY WRONG.

600,000 cringing YouTube viewers and counting...

I gave you an easy and specific target where you could hit me if my reasoning is weak, and you ran home crying to mommy. That was truly a 6th grade level response you came back with, and even that is a reach. Trying to save face with "IT WAS WRONG" as being the truth you were withholding is even more comical. We established consensus on that pages ago. I even gave you a clear opportunity to knock me down on that point and you didn't step up to the plate.

I'm sure that in person you're a good guy. I haven't met too many people in this sport that I don't enjoy having a beer with, even those that get nutty at the field. That said, when it comes to any kind of intelligent discussion that requires logic-based thought processes, you're a chihuahau.

Mr, Spock you pointy eared bastard...
Stop giving me stuff then! I'm obviously way too stupid to know what do with it.

And get it right...it was 7th grade not 6th!

Damn your Vulcan logic, Spock!

P.S. My mommy is dead. and I am a nice guy in person, just don't piss me off.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:20 pm

I call a duel!!! 16 oz Miller Lites at 10 paces...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Skarp wrote:The problem with this country is that we've almost completely abandoned the concept of vigilantism. Instead, we cry to every manner of authority figure to protect us from harm, and we empower more and more authority figures every day to broaden that protection. Rules on top of rules on top of rules. With favoritism inevitably built into their creation, and arbitrariness almost universally built into their enforcement, Meanwhile thugs run wild, norms of interpersonal respect are all but nonexistent, and there's not a damn thing any of us can do about any of it, besides call some authority figure who couldn't give two craps about us or our particular grievance.

That's the backdrop against which I evaluate calls for sanctions against this coach. Cry loud and long enough to some authority figure, and said authority figure comes to your rescue...and tucks you in to bed nice and comfy after the big scary mean thing has been taken away (regardless how big, mean, or scary the thing actually was). It's lynch mob by proxy.

Well I say screw that. Nobody involved in this incident, from the coaches, to the girls, to the families, to the umpires, needs some disembodied bush-on-fire to impose itself on the situation and start doling out consequences. And why any thinking person would invite one is beyond me...

Skarp's right.

Thanks for giving us the answer. It was right there in front of us all the time. Next time when I see something wrong I'm not going to let the authorities handle it...Ima go all vigilante on they' ass! Just like that pitcher and catcher did.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Pale Rider wrote:I call a duel!!! 16 oz Miller Lites at 10 paces...

My money is on jtat. If fpd05 did anything at all, he would immediately have to call his kids college coach, get her thrown out, call her friends college coach get her thrown out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztgWdMEJdg
jtats' real name must be larry.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:42 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:Skarp's right.

Goes without saying.

Call whoever you want. I'll be tipping beers with this guy...

20131005_171804 - Copy2.jpg
20131005_171804 - Copy2.jpg (127.32 KiB) Viewed 5254 times
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:59 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:I call a duel!!! 16 oz Miller Lites at 10 paces...

My money is on jtat. If fpd05 did anything at all, he would immediately have to call his kids college coach, get her thrown out, call her friends college coach get her thrown out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztgWdMEJdg
jtats' real name must be larry.

All kidding aside, AI...I would appreciate if you would not intimate that I had anything to do with any phone calls to anyone regarding this issue. The only reason I know anything about that is because you have repeatedly brought it up.

Do you even know if it's true?

Everything I have said to anyone, outside of my family, has been said on HB...period.

Hare, fair warning...I may have to get personal if this continues. I'll put in PM just for you, though.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions