Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Best one-liners in Softball

What's on your mind?

by Bruwinfan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 pm

What are the best one liners you've heard about softball (on or off the field)? Some of my favorites, with all due reverence to the originator, are classic "Thaynisms". Sayings like "You have to be smarter than the ball", or at a 3-game friendly, "You gotta win 1 to win 3".... We started to keep track of them in the scorebook.... Yogi would be proud.....
Bruwinfan

by DonnieS » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:24 pm

When dd moved up, we went to a 70 team USFA tournament in Florida, 14u, she was 11, and small. As all these 5 . 10 inch tall, blue eye blonde hair southern belles were walking around looking down at her all, 5.1 inches of her, I was trying to think of something encouraging to say to her, knowing she was going to be pitching to them, she looked at a group of these amazons, and said 'Sure is a lot of strike zone around here, Dad.'
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by number19 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 pm

DonnieS wrote:When dd moved up, we went to a 70 team USFA tournament in Florida, 14u, she was 11, and small. As all these 5 . 10 inch tall, blue eye blonde hair southern belles were walking around looking down at her all, 5.1 inches of her, I was trying to think of something encouraging to say to her, knowing she was going to be pitching to them, she looked at a group of these amazons, and said 'Sure is a lot of strike zone around here, Dad.'

:lol: Nice! Smart girl.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. ~ Tim Notke
number19

by DonnieS » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:55 pm

number19 wrote:
DonnieS wrote:When dd moved up, we went to a 70 team USFA tournament in Florida, 14u, she was 11, and small. As all these 5 . 10 inch tall, blue eye blonde hair southern belles were walking around looking down at her all, 5.1 inches of her, I was trying to think of something encouraging to say to her, knowing she was going to be pitching to them, she looked at a group of these amazons, and said 'Sure is a lot of strike zone around here, Dad.'

:lol: Nice! Smart girl.

I was just thinking about that day and I remembered the second thing she said 'Dad, how about heading over to Academy and get me a mouthpiece.'.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by almosthuman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:31 pm

Coach to an umpire, "Just because it was a good play it doesn't mean it was an out!"
almosthuman

by BetheBest » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:46 am

How about for an umpire " Hey Blue, even Cyclops had one Good eye "

Or "Hey blue, check you cell phone, you missed another call"
BetheBest

by hotwheels » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:58 am

"It is what it is" is my favorite one liner and I say it at least 25 times per day
hotwheels

by etx bd » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:03 am

Was coaching a 10u rec ball team several years ago and one of my players was a very scrappy country girl with a lot of heart but not much experience. She was at bat and I was coaching 1st. She had swung way behind the 1st fast ball and fouled off the 2nd. She and I just knew she was about to connect with this one. Pitcher threw a nice change. She swung with all she had about a day and a half ahead of that pitch. She looked open mouthed at the ump and the pitcher. She marched about half way down the first base line and indignantly announced in the deepest East Texas drawl "Coach, she slowed that dowwnnn!"
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books
etx bd

by Izzy's Dad » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:14 am

2 of my favorites:

"Swing hard, just in case you hit it"

And to a pitcher who has a batter crowding the plate, "If your gonna hit her, make it hurt"
Izzy's Dad

by Sam » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 am

To batter after a popup..."that is an elephant's ass....it's high and it stinks"

To umpire..."if you had one more eye, you'd be a cyclops"
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions