Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

What To Wear To High School Games

What's on your mind?

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:19 pm

The regular high school season is just weeks away, and I'm still stressing. We can't figure out what to wear to the high school games.

I would think you would wear the high school's spirit wear, but it appears that in this area everyone shows up at high school games decked out in their travel team's spirit wear. I guess the point is to let everyone know their DD isn't some rec baller. (Sorry, but the parents who show up dress head-to-toe in the college gear where there DD has recently signed/verballed just look ridiculous.)

Your thoughts. I know I sound silly, but trying to fit in here. :lol:
TXfastpitchsoftball

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Well... On one of my DD's 17th birthday ... I showed up at the game dressed in a Easter Bunny outfit carrying balloons and shooting a battery powered bubble machine ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:31 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:Well... On one of my DD's 17th birthday ... I showed up at the game dressed in a Easter Bunny outfit carrying balloons and shooting a battery powered bubble machine ...

Thread killer . . . . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TXfastpitchsoftball

by Whizzer86 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 pm

I always wear High School gear but carry the battery powered buble machine for entertainment after the 2nd inning.
Whizzer86

by wadeintothem » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:12 pm

Youre kidding right?

This is a parent thing? You guys think about this stuff with these issues, huh?

I had no idea.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Hawk17 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:24 pm

First priority - wear clothes. No one wants to see naked parents.
Second priority - wear clothes where "stuff" doesn't hang out.
Third priority - the high school "spirit wear" would be nice. If your daughter plays travel ball, almost everyone knows it.

Honestly, most of us don't really sit and worry about what you wear. Most parents are worrying about how many at bats little Muffy gets or if she is the starting pitcher.

Ask your daughter what she wants you to wear.
Hawk17

by DonnieS » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:30 pm

Hawk17 wrote:First priority - wear clothes. No one wants to see naked parents.
Second priority - wear clothes where "stuff" doesn't hang out.
Third priority - the high school "spirit wear" would be nice. If your daughter plays travel ball, almost everyone knows it.

Honestly, most of us don't really sit and worry about what you wear. Most parents are worrying about how many at bats little Muffy gets or if she is the starting pitcher.

Ask your daughter what she wants you to wear.

Being the superstitious person that I am, I wear the shirt (at least) thats provided the most luck for my girls. I usually only wear school high school team shirts to games, so its a choice of which is luckiest. I didnt care for the ones the school sold so I had my own printed (queensboro.com) with the school team name on it, they look like the school shirts, I just rather wear polo shirts over the t-shirts. I did buy the ones the school sold to help with the fund raising - I just dont wear them.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by play-more/talk-less » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm

Show school spirit lord knows there are more bad things said about HS ball than good at least school spirit/pride is one good thing about HS ball.
"Shake N Bake"
play-more/talk-less

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:45 pm

HAWK sez:
"Ask your daughter what she wants you to wear."

I did ... and she said "Dad, please come to the game dressed as the Easter Bunny and embarrass the SH*T out of me in front of all my friends" ... she also requested that I wear a shirt with her name and number on it that proclaimed me as her Dad ... but even I wouldn't do that ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Whizzer86 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:54 pm

wadeintothem wrote:Youre kidding right?

This is a parent thing? You guys think about this stuff with these issues, huh?

I had no idea.

Didn't say I thought about it, Just do it. It doesn't require much thought. The only real thought required is how to get out of watching the JV game :)
Whizzer86

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions