Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The future of recruiting

What's on your mind?

by Hawk17 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Between coaching, recruiting and getting ready in the summer and fall for the season, what college coach really has time to properly coach a travel ball team?

I'm just curious because if I am a parent of one of these players, I want to know how much time and instruction my kid is going to get.
Hawk17

by Sam » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:31 pm

Hawk17 wrote:Between coaching, recruiting and getting ready in the summer and fall for the season, what college coach really has time to properly coach a travel ball team?

I'm just curious because if I am a parent of one of these players, I want to know how much time and instruction my kid is going to get.

You may get instruction....the quality of that instruction may be questionable. Lots of college coaches still instruct as if this was the 80's. 200 pound hitting coaches teaching a big girl's swing to 125 lb slappers. You can tell from the WCWS how much they work on defense.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AM Softball » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:48 am

That rule has been around forever. I coached at UC Riverside in 2003 and had to have all of my players on my TB team 50 miles away or less. One was 49.7 miles. Thank goodness or she might have been moving cause she was my starting CF. :)

As far as recruiting days, they are voting on this, trying to eliminate the amount of days and making it unlimited with a few exceptions (not sure what those exceptions were but coaches were talking about the rule change this summer. So that might not even make a difference next year if it is voted in.
AM Softball

by 59Invicta » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:57 pm

Just watched Team Seattle play PGF 14 Premier game against OC Batbusters. Is this Heather Tarr's team? She was sitting next to me, but was probably at game recruiting. At any rate - this was an outstanding team - undoubtedly one of the best I have seen play in this age group. Great hitting team and well executed defense. They will be a force in the 14 Premier PGF.
59Invicta
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 am

59Invicta wrote:Just watched Team Seattle play PGF 14 Premier game against OC Batbusters. Is this Heather Tarr's team? She was sitting next to me, but was probably at game recruiting. At any rate - this was an outstanding team - undoubtedly one of the best I have seen play in this age group. Great hitting team and well executed defense. They will be a force in the 14 Premier PGF.

Well they will have to be a force from the loser's bracket. They just lost their first bracket game 2-0 to a team called the Rockers, who must be incredibly good. :shock:
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 59Invicta » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Team Seattle lost their first bracket game today

Well they will have to be a force from the loser's bracket. They just lost their first bracket game 2-0 to a team called the Rockers, who must be incredibly good.

That was Team Seattle 16. :lol: I'm talking about 14's. No scores posted from their first pool game that I can find.
59Invicta
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:28 pm

59Invicta wrote:
Team Seattle lost their first bracket game today

Well they will have to be a force from the loser's bracket. They just lost their first bracket game 2-0 to a team called the Rockers, who must be incredibly good.

That was Team Seattle 16. :lol: I'm talking about 14's. No scores posted from their first pool game that I can find.

They play tomorrow at 8:30 AM against So Cal A's Natividad.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 59Invicta » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Guess I should learn to read a bracket. Thanks Dad05, now I can stop incessantly refreshing the Pointstreak page :oops:
59Invicta
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:20 pm

59Invicta wrote:

Guess I should learn to read a bracket. Thanks Dad05, now I can stop incessantly refreshing the Pointstreak page :oops:

No problem. Have fun!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:25 am

Looks like Team Seattle was 1-2 in bracket play.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions