Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Re: Very Important Heybucket info

What's on your mind?

by jonriv » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 am

J O E wrote:A fee to post? Surely you gest?

Definition of GEST

: a tale of adventures; especially : a romance in verse
: adventure, exploit

Are we trying to be punny??
jonriv

by J O E » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:53 am

jonbovi, I jest you not...

...the gest is up...and I hope Der Einen is yoking about a fee. ANY fee would spell the end of this site as we know it. Not because $1.99 is a huge amount of money....but simply because the myth that everything about the internet is 'free'... is alive and well. Building a website with a fee, built in from day one, is one thing, but Lord have mercy on the guy who wants to now charge us a fee!!!

Two of the most successful models available on how to build a site that generates revenue are Facebook and Youtube. Both make money through ADVERTISING! Turning away users for a silly two bucks is suicide...Folks may stay a minute or two to read some dwindling posts...but will soon move on.

Outside of a dozen SoCal users, one from the Virginia and another from the Northeast? I hope there's a plan to survive with 100+ users.

IMHO...and just some friendly business advice...
J O E

by NumeroUno » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:12 am

Ya you could be right, Joe why don't you cut us a check for a $1,000,000 and take over the bucket.

Aren't just sitting around all day doing nothing anyway, you don't work anymore do you? This is the perfect job
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:20 am

I'm thinking charging a membership fee wouldn't be the end of HB as Joe stated, but it might be the end of Joe on HB. :lol:

Food for thought...
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by J O E » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:34 am

NumeroUno wrote:Ya you could be right, Joe why don't you cut us a check for a $1,000,000 and take over the bucket.

Aren't just sitting around all day doing nothing anyway, you don't work anymore do you? This is the perfect job

I get to sit around because I made prudent investments. My only job now is to give advice. It seems you might need some...

Oops, got to go. My tee time is at 1pm today :lol: :lol: :lol:
J O E

by J O E » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:49 am

Using your 'active' user numbers is the only way entice some $$$ from advertisers. The process will be slow, but if you're willing and able to put the time in...the rewards will follow. Charging a fee will do the opposite
J O E

by jonriv » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 am

J O E wrote:Using your 'active' user numbers is the only way entice some $$$ from advertisers. The process will be slow, but if you're willing and able to put the time in...the rewards will follow. Charging a fee will do the opposite

Please be careful o people disappearing- Satan buying a parka and the moon crashing into the earth...(this must be the end of days!), but I think I agree with Joe(excuse me I have to go throw-up and wash my hands-perhaps even take a shower)
jonriv

by jonriv » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 am

J O E wrote:jonbovi, I jest you not...

...the gest is up...and I hope Der Einen is yoking about a fee. ANY fee would spell the end of this site as we know it. Not because $1.99 is a huge amount of money....but simply because the myth that everything about the internet is 'free'... is alive and well. Building a website with a fee, built in from day one, is one thing, but Lord have mercy on the guy who wants to now charge us a fee!!!

Two of the most successful models available on how to build a site that generates revenue are Facebook and Youtube. Both make money through ADVERTISING! Turning away users for a silly two bucks is suicide...Folks may stay a minute or two to read some dwindling posts...but will soon move on.

Outside of a dozen SoCal users, one from the Virginia and another from the Northeast? I hope there's a plan to survive with 100+ users.

IMHO...and just some friendly business advice...

You forgot Google
jonriv

by DDG » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:33 pm

People are overlooking one very important benefit of charging a fee. Now all the trolls will have to pay for each ID they post under. As Trolls are known to be cheap S.O.B’s, this should cut down on the number of garbage posts.

Personally, I’m cutting back to just 2 or 3 personas once the fees hit.
DDG

by Iluvblue » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 am

I agree it will be the beginning of the end. I enjoy lurking reading and posting, but 2 bucks which is nothing, would push most away IMO, including me.

Our local paper started to charge a fee for their online content. It was enough to make me cancel the paper all together, and the 15 bucks a month wasnt the point.
Iluvblue

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions