Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Gamechanger vs Iscore

What's on your mind?

by ontheblack » Mon May 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Sorry in advance for posting what has been discussed before but I had no luck with the search feature.

Gamechanger or Iscore?

With a busy summer ahead and not all families able to attend all games, which is the best option to keep everyone updated?
ontheblack

by Trophy Hunter » Mon May 28, 2012 3:58 pm

We used the gamechanger in HS and it worked out well. They recently upgraded the app, but I haven't used the update yet. The GC app and stats are free to the Admin/Scorekeeper, but fans/parents have to pay per season to view the live gamestream and see the team and player stats. If you have a lot of interest it's probably cheaper to pay for everyone in Advance, about $240 for the season.

Also, you will need an Internet connection for the live streaming, so you will probably need a portable MyFi type device and additional service from your phone company, not sure of the cost there.

Don't know how the iscore works or what it costs, but the GC is pretty good but not free other than the app.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by slapperdad » Tue May 29, 2012 7:42 am

I downloaded the Gamechanger app to my phone. It looks simple and easy to use. I had a friend convince me otherwise, so I opted to go the iScore route. I love iScore but it's not as simple and easy to use, in my opinion. The one big issue is there is NOT DP/Flex option in Gamechanger. You have to use some mickey mouse work around and according to their info at the time, there was no plans of adding a DP/Flex. That alone sent up a red flag to me. We just finished our first season with iScore and I have been happy with it. It also gives me the ability to go back and change things after the game is over. I had kids using it, and it took me half the season to get them to understand the difference between a FC and a hit.

Edits in Red.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by SoCalWaves14U-Justis » Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 am

Love the Gameschanger app...the new app update is really good as well. For DP/Flex, its really simple, in your lineup, put the flex player in the batting lineup where your DP will hit, then when you assign positions, assign the flex players defensive spot and select, set DH, and select the player who will hit for her.

To me, iScore is a bit less "game speed" friendly, but like with anything, you will get faster as you continue to use it.
SoCalWaves14U-Justis

by CrushersDad » Tue May 29, 2012 10:47 am

I've been using iScore for 2 years and love it. After the initial $10 for the app there are no other charges for parents to be able to follow online pitch-by-pitch coverage.

It takes some getting used to before you are really proficient but scoring a few recorded games from TV should get you up to speed fairly quickly. I am now to the point where I can keep score in a game easily, sub players in and out (showcases can be a THRILL and still chat with people and take the occasional photo!

I tried Game Changer a couple of times and had some issues with changing the roster/batting order mid game so I removed it from my phone and go with iScore 100% now.
CrushersDad

by softball**mom » Wed May 30, 2012 10:25 am

Have been using gamchanger for about a year now and really love it. While fans need to pay to see the stats, they don't need to pay to see the game stream. All they need to do is become a fan of the team on the gamechanger website. Once you start scoring the game they will get an e-mail and a link to live scoring. They will see who's pitching, who's at bat, the count, if anyone is on base and the box score. The only catch is that the scorekeeper must have an internet connection on during the game.

I've used it on both ipad and iphone and prefer the iphone version better. I haven't used the updated 3.0 yet, first games will be this weekend.
softball**mom
Premium Member
Premium Member

by illini 1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 pm

We use I score and absolutely love it!!!! We have not used game changer, but if you are happy with what you got why change?
illini 1

Return to Fastpitch Discussions