Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Note to Thread Hijackers

What's on your mind?

by Skarp » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Blind Squirrel,

I would generally agree with you, but not in this case. Here we obviously have a woman who has put herself in the spotlight, with the ambition of gaining fame and all that that entails (adulation, $$, etc.), and with the intention of relying exclusively on her appearance to reap said rewards. She tried to get something for nothing, and now she's paying the price. I like the implicit lesson, and hope that lots of young girls see what happens when you don't prepare and sacrifice to get what you want.

JMO.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BombSquad97 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:36 pm

I thought it was established that I'm retarded. Remember, I'm a Bomb Squad parent? By the way Skarp, did I mention how much I like your avatard?
BombSquad97

by Demonboy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Skarp wrote:Blind Squirrel,

I would generally agree with you, but not in this case. Here we obviously have a woman who has put herself in the spotlight, with the ambition of gaining fame and all that that entails (adulation, $$, etc.), and with the intention of relying exclusively on her appearance to reap said rewards. She tried to get something for nothing, and now she's paying the price. I like the implicit lesson, and hope that lots of young girls see what happens when you don't prepare and sacrifice to get what you want.

JMO.

Don't know if I agree with all of that (even though I can't stand pageants and what they represent). She competes in pagents. A lot of girls do. These competitions are grueling and very hard work. Hardly getting "something for nothing" or being a fame monger. It's not like she starred in a Paris Hilton sex tape.

I do agree that when you become a public figure, you do open yourself up to ridicule. However we don't need to be overly brutal with young folks.

BTW, love your avatar. MCLOVIN!!! WHYYYYYYY???????? :D
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Skarp » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:48 pm

BombSquad97 wrote:I thought it was established that I'm retarded. Remember, I'm a Bomb Squad parent? By the way Skarp, did I mention how much I like your avatard?

No. Until now you've pretty much only mentioned :o [REDACTED] :o. It's good to see you branching out and taking some risks. At this rate, in another few years and you may actually post something remotely useful (and possibly even in the right forum). Good for you!!
Last edited by Skarp on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BombSquad97 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:57 pm

done
Last edited by BombSquad97 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BombSquad97

by Skarp » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:00 pm

BombSquad97 wrote:
Skarp wrote:
BombSquad97 wrote:your crappy team needs a bunch of players.

Not cool bud.

Neither is posting your team advertisements in the middle of other discussion threads. Shall we drop it, or shall we continue?
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:40 pm

Skarp wrote:
BombSquad97 wrote:I thought it was established that I'm retarded. Remember, I'm a Bomb Squad parent? By the way Skarp, did I mention how much I like your avatard?

No. Until now you've pretty much only mentioned :o [REDACTED] :o. It's good to see you branching out and taking some risks. At this rate, in another few years and you may actually post something remotely useful (and possibly even in the right forum). Good for you!!

As part of the terms of a settlement agreement between the parties, the terms of which shall remain undisclosed (but which included profuse apologies and a large cash payment to my person), the above post has been redacted.

For the record, any disparaging remarks made by me regarding the above-referenced softball organization emanated from--not to put too fine a point on it--my arse, and were not based on any actual knowledge of, or experience with, said organization. TeeHeeHee
Last edited by Skarp on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:42 pm

Someone got a PM and a smack across the head.

Oh well, it was good reading while it lasted.
Sftbll4ever

by artomatic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:55 pm

rare footage of said complaint to powers-that-be:

rare footage of skarp's puishment:
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:37 pm

lol...that's hilarious.

But nah...he didn't tattle, and nobody got a smack down. Rather, a much rarer event occurred--we decided to be nice to each other. By next week we could be making sweet love to each other. :mrgreen:

Besides, I think my point has been made.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions