Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The best bat grip on the market

What's on your mind?

by ontheblack » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:13 pm

I dried the grip with a rag (as suggested on utube video) and it set overnight.

I suppose using directions is one way to do it.
ontheblack

by Tater » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Yes, reading the directions do tend to help a bit. The solution should be dried off with a towel because it doesn't make a mess. You could use the towel to help slide the grip over the bat because your fingers get slippery on the solid grips. The clear grips do shrink faster than the solid ones. The solid ones are an EPDM rubber vs. the clear ones that are silicone. My favorite grip is the black and solid white grip. Adrian Gonzalez will be using the white grip as a member of the Red Sox so it must be good! :)
Tater

by Black Mamba » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Tater I do agree reading the instructions would help, but here in Texas we think we can do everything bigger and better than anybody else (WRONG). But it just seemed so easy I didn't bother, sorry my fault. I will give my update on the grip when I get Home later tonight. Thanks to all for your input :oops:
Black Mamba

by absdad » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Weird... mine (clear) had zero solvent in it at all. The grip was pretty mushy feeling (technical term). It did tear slightly going over the knob, but it was right at the end and I was able to trim it with a razor to keep the tear from going any further. Only lost about an inch I believe, but did get the grip installed fine after that. I like it, and my dd loves it. Going to order another one.
absdad

by Black Mamba » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Ok the grip is finally snug, it took every bit of 24 hrs to get that way. But I guess that's what you get when you don't follow instructions. Thanks for all the feedback, I think we will try a custom one next and I will follow instructions this time I think.
Black Mamba

by Tater » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:52 am

No, it's not a Texas thing...it's a male thing! Yes, it is true that the solid colors do take longer and there will be more solution in those bags compare to the clear. Also depending on how small the handle of the bat is, it could take it longer to shrink down. Good news is that once it shrinks down all the way, you won't have to do it again for a looooong time compared to the regular tape.
Tater

by Black Mamba » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:05 am

Tater I think your correct on the male thing, hey you have a good product I will pass the word around here and try to get you more business. Uno thanks for the heads up on Tater Grip :D
Black Mamba

by Tater » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks BM, we think we have created a great product as well. Being baseball guys we understand how important a good grip is...especially when we are spending $300+ for our kids bats. If they can't get a grip, the bat is no good. The response across the country from the T-ball kids to the MLB players as well as the fast pitch players at the NCAA level, they are all saying the same thing, "Wow, this is great!" Until you have seen one and felt one you don't know what you are missing. When you consider that some people spend far more on rolls of tape in one season than one Tater Grip will cost, it just makes sense to get a Grip and see what we here on this forum are talking about.

Uno, great site and hopefully everyone that is on this and checks out the page gets to know about Tater Grip!
Tater

by dodgerblue » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 pm

looked on the website and it looks like they're putting the new grip over the old. Is this recommended or can you remove old and install new?
dodgerblue

by NumeroUno » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:21 pm

All the bats I have done I have removed the old grip. Maybe Tater Grip can answer that question. I had a guy who plays slow pitch say he was going to put it over his old grip to make it thicker.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions