Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Anderson bat bags

What's on your mind?

by black&blue » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:25 am

I'm looking for opinions on the Anderson bat bags (not the backpack one) before I make the purchase. Good, great, not so good?? I found a pretty good deal at $38 per bag. Thanks.
black&blue

by dittoz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:48 am

I actually have both. The packs of course are awesome...

The bag is good quality and comes with the same level of service that you'd expect from Anderson. I had a panel tear for no apparent reason. eMailed them a picture of it and 3 days later there was a brand new one on my doorstep.

The quality of material, size of compartments, etc is all terrific. I can carry about 6 bats in it if I wanted to, but normally only have 3. I was quite surprised at the panel failure as it was not a seam that gave up, it was actually 2" away from one and just tore. I suspect it may have snagged on something that I wasn't aware of. Things like that just don't give up for no reason...

If I had to name any complaints of the bag, about the only thing I might say is that if this is for a smaller player, the bag is as big as any gear bag I've seen aside from catcher and team bags. May be too big for a kid under 5' tall to lug around. I use it as my coaches bag because my daughter is 4'6 and my son uses a wheeled bag.

If you have the opportunity to use them, I'd recommend them without hesitation!
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by black&blue » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:34 pm

I didn't consider that the bag might be too big. We're always dealing with bags that are too small to fit helmets. But we do have some tiny 10U girls and it would be nice if they could actually carry their own bags and leave their poor parents alone.

Are the Anderson bat packs big enough to hold glove, cleats, and helmet with facemask?
black&blue

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:45 pm

I don't really care for the back pack types. Girls tend to not pay attention and they end up smacking people in the head with the bats. Seen a car window get cracked from one too.

I know that you can get it with the batbags too, but the bat is not sticking out of thouse.

My HS dd is 2-2 as far as getting a lump on her head for HS. Last year it was a ball that got lost in the sun and smacked her in the face (NICE) (Wish I had a picture of her when she was kidnapped, she had to hold a sign all day at school that said "Ask me about my forehead!!!). This year, it was a Senior not paying attention and smacked her in the head again.

Might have to come up with another one for the next two years. It's turning out to e tradition.
Sftbll4ever

by dittoz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:52 am

Sorry to take so long - missed the reply to the reply...

Yes - the bat packs from Anderson are big enough. They're pretty much the bigges tones on the market as far as I can tell. Specific compartments for 4 bats, a helmet w/ mask, cleats and a glove or two along with the usual assortment of junk that often disappears until the end of the season.

I sound like I am making a commission here, I realize, but for my money those packs are awesome and well worth the cost!
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

Return to Fastpitch Discussions