Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Looking for Deal on Catchers Bags

What's on your mind?

by daylightkate » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:52 pm

We need 4 catchers bags. We have been looking at the Easton Sled and the Easton Cruiser. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on these or can you offer a substition that's the same size or bigger?

Thanks, Kate
daylightkate

by backstop13 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:15 pm

We are waiting for the Team Express bags we ordered. Our coach ended up getting every girl on the team one, not jus tthe catchers. They look to be too big for the other players, so we will see. I am interested in seeing how they hold up. The team is on a limited tight budget and these were the biggest ones at a great price (and they don't look bad).

We also have 1 Louisville Slugger Hoss as a team bag that holds a lot of stuff. It is the same size as the Team Express bags, but about $10-$15 more.

After toting around all her catchers gear in an Easton Geniune all last year, I am ready for anything with wheels. I thought my 8 year old could carry it...I learned that she could not (unless she was playing her dear ol' dad).
backstop13

by daylightkate » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:29 pm

Hi backstop, can't seem to get a pic of the Team Express bag that has wheels? Found one without for $29.00. Yes, wheels are a must with all that catching gear. We are buying the rest of the team the boombah backpacks. We bought a couple last year and they are awesome. Lots of room and easy for the girls to carry. We also purchased the beast bag for the catchers but it's just a tiny bit to small for them. Hate to give it up as it's an amazing bag and it comes in a multitude of colours.

Image Image
daylightkate

by Kat » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:09 am

daylightkate wrote:Hi backstop, can't seem to get a pic of the Team Express bag that has wheels? Found one without for $29.00. Yes, wheels are a must with all that catching gear. We are buying the rest of the team the boombah backpacks. We bought a couple last year and they are awesome. Lots of room and easy for the girls to carry. We also purchased the beast bag for the catchers but it's just a tiny bit to small for them. Hate to give it up as it's an amazing bag and it comes in a multitude of colours.

Image Image

We ordered the line drive bag, thought it looks to small but its awesome. DD loves it. She had a Hoss bag from Louisville slugger but it broke down pretty quickly within the year. I looked and looked for a bag big enough and this is good. Has a think pocket in the bottom that you put your shin guards in and zip up ,keeps alot of the dirt in there rather then in the entire bag. So far its thumbs up, the bottom isnt bending yet, but she has only had it for 2 months or so.
Kat

by Lefty's Dad » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:05 am

Kat wrote:
daylightkate wrote:Hi backstop, can't seem to get a pic of the Team Express bag that has wheels? Found one without for $29.00. Yes, wheels are a must with all that catching gear. We are buying the rest of the team the boombah backpacks. We bought a couple last year and they are awesome. Lots of room and easy for the girls to carry. We also purchased the beast bag for the catchers but it's just a tiny bit to small for them. Hate to give it up as it's an amazing bag and it comes in a multitude of colours.

Image Image

We ordered the line drive bag, thought it looks to small but its awesome. DD loves it. She had a Hoss bag from Louisville slugger but it broke down pretty quickly within the year. I looked and looked for a bag big enough and this is good. Has a think pocket in the bottom that you put your shin guards in and zip up ,keeps alot of the dirt in there rather then in the entire bag. So far its thumbs up, the bottom isnt bending yet, but she has only had it for 2 months or so.

Who makes the line drive bag, boombah? I can't find a pic of it on their site.
My daughter is perfect, she knows everything. Just ask her.
Lefty's Dad

by backstop13 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:01 pm

Here is a link to the Team Express bag:
http://www.softball.com/Softball-Bags/Equipment-Bags/Express-Gear/Team-Express-Large-Wheeled-Equipment-Bag/softball/lev/6/productId/5499/Ne/14/parentCatId/459/pCategoryId/406/Ns/CATEGORY_SEQ_459%7C0/N/36+1100161+34+4294966941/Nty/1/categoryId/1100161/gpCategoryId/0/cmsName/Shipping_Returns/index.pro
And I found the Line Drive catchers bag too (looks pretty nice and is the same price as the TE bag):
http://store.linedrive.com/linedrive-catcher-s-bag.html

We tried to get the Boombah bags for the rest of the team, but they were sold out of the red/black ones at the time.
backstop13

by David_T » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:08 pm

David_T

by daylightkate » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi David, the Tanel bag looks kewl but it doesn't show the size. Does anyone know? Would also like to get better shots of it. Hate trying to buy stuff online without a good visual. Hope it would last longer than their shoes?
daylightkate

by Big D » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:42 pm

http://www.kelleyusa.com/

Good sized bag for a reasonable price. They hold up well too.
Big D

by frogs_mom_15 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Schutt has a great bag! They have one with wheels and without. Also DD fits all of her catching gear in the deluxe players bag, just have to be neat about it. It has backpack straps which DD really wanted, instead of wheels. I know a team that had the Tanel bags and they did not last thru the summer, zippers failed and didn't handle normal wear and tear well.

Just a side note, DD used a Jansport luggage bag on wheels for two years and the only reason she switched is she didn't want wheels anymore. This thing is huge, solid bottom, so no curve to drag the ground. Could carry two sets of gear plus!
It's only a little skin, it'll grow back!

Frog gettin' the sign
frogs_mom_15

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions