Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

pitching shoes any ideas!

What's on your mind?

by lefty97 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:01 pm

can I get some feed back on good pitching shoes with a pitching toe? My dd is going through several pairs of shoes. My dd is 12 yo and is currently wearing the muzuno's, interchangeables. She is tearing a hole in the toe area. I have tried shoe goo, rubber cement, almost everything, any ideas out there?

please provide brand and if possible where i can get them at, thx!!!
Last edited by lefty97 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lefty97

by 1prouddad » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:10 pm

lefty97 wrote:can I get some feed back on good pitching shoes with a pitching toe? My dd is going through several pairs of shoes, (muzuno, easton, nike) a month. My dd is 12 yo and currently is wearing the muzuno's, interchangeable ones. She is tearing a hole in the toe area. I have tried shoe goo, rubber cement, almost everything, any ideas out there?

Tuff Toe Pro is the way to go. You can either go to the facility in Anaheim and have them dip them for you, or you can order the Tuff Toe Pro on line at their website.
Very easy to apply and very durable - your daughter will wear the cleats out before she wears the Tuff Toe out. I apply it myself (only in the area needed) and it's relatively cheap. I can do 3 cleats with one package (this will depend on how much you need to use).
Nothing better than Tough Toe!!! 8-)
1prouddad

by lefty97 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:14 pm

okay, sorry might be over exaggrating a little on the month thing, but it sure seems like it, I will try that tough toe thank you!!!

any specific shoes?
lefty97

by 1prouddad » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Several pairs a month? I would spend some effort in modifying her toe drag. There is no reason for it to be that forceful, seams like it would be killing her momentum some.

My daughter can put a hole in a cleat in two innings of pitching (on the mizuno mesh cleats).
Putting Tough Toe on mesh kind of defeats the purpose of the mesh, but when it's a team cleat, you gotta do what ya gotta do!
BTW, the tough toe also works great on trainers when pitching indoors.
1prouddad

by jonnypar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:54 pm

We get DD's cleats dipped and it lasts for the life of the cleats.
jonnypar

by DonnieS » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:56 pm

lefty97 wrote:can I get some feed back on good pitching shoes with a pitching toe? My dd is going through several pairs of shoes. My dd is 12 yo and is currently wearing the muzuno's, interchangeables. She is tearing a hole in the toe area. I have tried shoe goo, rubber cement, almost everything, any ideas out there?

The solution is Ringor - web/pitcher toe. http://www.ringor.com
Diamond Gem, Spike Mesh Protect Toe - they have both rubber cleats, and metal cleats. Your kid will out grow it. The most economical pitching shoe there is $110, but thats it until she out grows it.

My kid wore out most other brands before we heard of Ringors - now thats it.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BucketBoss » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Ringors works for my DD too. She needs a larger size before they wear out. I would suggest the lighter cleat style-mesh.
BucketBoss

by Turn&burn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Ringors are probably the best especially when it comes to pitching, but I'm waiting for my 12u DD to stop growing before buying a pair. We just purchased 3n2 cleats that seems very durable. They appear to be stronger in construction then past cleats with a re-enforce rubber toe instead of the usual leather. Nice cleat and DD likes them. I'll guess we find out soon enough if it can hold up to the drag. Here's their website: http://www.3n2sports.com.
Turn&burn

by hit4power » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:47 pm

I asked my DD (HS soph) and she said Ringor is the best for pitching, but its a heavy shoe and "it really sucks if you're trying to run in them" and as has been noted, they ain't cheap.
The best alternative in her opinion are the Mizunos which are a good compromise between durability and weight (and cheaper than Ringors). She has used them for the last several years whenever metal cleats (her Ringors) aren't allowed. THey have worn well and she has no issues with playing the field or baserunning in them.

What to avoid at all costs? Nike - she has worn them out in 2 weeks on more than one occasion before we wised up.

For whatever reason, my DD has never liked the glue-on toes, so haven't really used them after a few tries.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:02 pm

"Ringors are heavy" is about 4 years old. They introduced the Diamond Star model to have a light model. To me this cleat compares well in weight to Nike and Mizuno cleats.

They still sell the older heavy model, the play maker.

They have also introduced the Diamond Star mesh, which is an ultra light.

The Diamond Stars my daughter bought two years ago finally wore through. We would have gone through at least 12-14 pairs of other cleats in that same time.

Worst part is always having cleats that are worn out. For some reason kids like to grab the first pair in their line of sight and those are always the worn out ones.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions