Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Lost maroon softball bag Surf City Classic

What's on your mind?

by heybucket » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:50 pm

If you were at the park all day, you didn't happen to go out to the parking lot at any time after lunch and happen to notice a maroon softball bag laying on the sidewalk on the upper level in the corner near the library? My DD forgot to put in the van and we drove off somehow with not one of us noticing it was left behind( 3 adults, 2 11 yr olds). We had great hopes that most people there were parents, coaches, etc. and that it would be turned in. Now it's Tuesday, and my high expectations of the softball community are diminishing. Everything in it is personalized with her team name, her ASA id......it belongs to a little girl, I just can't beleive that it would be stolen!!

Any information please PM socalcanuck

Please help us find this bag people thanks
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them
heybucket

by artomatic » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:16 am

We played in the last game of the day on that field (field #7).
I didn't see anything afterwards, around 6pm, but we were rushing across the complex to field 4, so even if it was there, we might not have noticed it.

You can try this number:
Central Park Sports Complex 18100 Golden West St. (714) 960-5486
I know they have some kind of a lost and found, because ive left a glove there playing on a slowpitch team a couple of years ago and it was turned in...

You might also want to contact the tournament directors. I saw Dan was cleaning up each field as the games ended late Sunday...
http://www.surfcitytourneys.com/

good luck, hope you can find it.
Art
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:55 pm

>> Now it's Tuesday, and my high expectations of the softball community are diminishing. Everything in it is personalized with her team name, her ASA id......it belongs to a little girl, I just can't beleive that it would be stolen!! <<

And you are blaming the softball community for your carelessness. Is that what I am reading. Leaving something laying does not equal stolen.

More likely someone cleaning up threw it away, or some team picked it up when they were picking their teams stuff up - could be if they read what you wrote, that you think it was stolen, they will deposit it in the nearest Goodwill Box.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:24 am

DonnieS wrote:>> Now it's Tuesday, and my high expectations of the softball community are diminishing. Everything in it is personalized with her team name, her ASA id......it belongs to a little girl, I just can't beleive that it would be stolen!! <<

And you are blaming the softball community for your carelessness. Is that what I am reading. Leaving something laying does not equal stolen.

More likely someone cleaning up threw it away, or some team picked it up when they were picking their teams stuff up - could be if they read what you wrote, that you think it was stolen, they will deposit it in the nearest Goodwill Box.

Exactly what I was thinking. Over and Over again things are left at friendlies and tournaments, and many times people come on the boards to try and get them back to the owner. This time it does not happen and we are to blame for not picking it up and giving it back.

I found a glove once and called the number on the glove for 3 days, no answer, no return to my call, how rude for the owner to put a number on the glove that didn't seem to be correct.

Have you heard anything yet??? Good Luck!!!
Sftbll4ever

by sportzjunky » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:53 am

>>>Exactly what I was thinking. Over and Over again things are left at friendlies and tournaments, and many times people come on the boards to try and get them back to the owner. This time it does not happen and we are to blame for not picking it up and giving it back.<<<

So true. its a bummer but no one is to blame but the kid or whoever was last responsible.

I know a team that got all thier team gear(nets, lite flight, balls, etc) and the coaches DD's gear bag stolen at the vegas USSSA Mar 8-9...... thats worth posting!
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by Tucson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:08 am

I don't know where Surf City is, but if you left a bag like that at Rose Mofford (for example) in Phoenix - it wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes. I don't mean that the softball people steal. The "gangs" surf the area looking for stuff. MOO Amy
Tucson

Return to Fastpitch Discussions