Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Intentional HBP

What's on your mind?

by DonnieS » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:07 am

>> Plus, she made it clear that it was just a curve that didn't break, right? <<

I bet she hates it when that happens.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:13 am

"I've played as a catcher, and we had the middle finger sign and thats the way funny business was handled."

That is the sign for my DD too. She wanted to bean a girl so bad the other day, but she can't get herself to doing it. Instead she struck her out 3 times, twice looking.

She looked at me at one point in the game and she gave me the shoulder shrug, I gave her the hit her pitch. Hoping it might shut the girls mother up too. Oh well. Gotta love that she did it the right way.

By the way, same girl was thrown out of a game a few days before that for throwing a ball at an umpire. She comes to this game and starts saying smack about my dd and her pitching and the other girls on the team. Went to the coaches and told them what a bunch of BI%#(#S our players were. Coach just said we will take care of them when they come up to bat. NICE.
Sftbll4ever

by Tucson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:19 am

I still think that "set them up and sit them down, " is the best strategy. And make that 3rd strike a change up. That will shut Mom up (whom I am certain, never played a game in her life.)

One of the many reasons not to bean someone, is that it puts them on base. Then, coach substitutes with "sir speedy" on at first and you're in trouble.
Tucson

by umpinva » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:36 am

Tucson wrote:One of the many reasons not to bean someone, is that it puts them on base. Then, coach substitutes with "sir speedy" on at first and you're in trouble.

Wouldn't that be Ms. Speedy? :)
umpinva

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions