Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Waiting for Mr. Smith's post

What's on your mind?

by Skarp » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:34 am

DonnieS wrote:Jofus, in the past, I have found that when these SoCal types start going at each other, us country boys should just kind of step back, read and enjoy. Just thank God for your West Virginia and my Texas.

This thread has made one thing fairly obvious...almost nobody is above the fray once a post hits close to home. Bombs away!! :mrgreen:
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by lakers32 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:28 pm

DonnieS wrote:Jofus, in the past, I have found that when these SoCal types start going at each other, us country boys should just kind of step back, read and enjoy. Just thank God for your West Virginia and my Texas.

In SoCal we have no problem dealing with earthquakes, fires, floods, high crime, smog, traffic and high property taxes. But if you dare mess with our dd's TB team you have gone too far. Maybe that's why SoCal dominates TB. Don't be angry, we'll let you other states continue to win the Little League Softball World Series.
lakers32

by wadeintothem » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:40 pm

lakers32 wrote:

In SoCal we have no problem dealing with earthquakes, fires, floods, high crime, smog, traffic and high property taxes. But if you dare mess with our dd's TB team you have gone too far. Maybe that's why SoCal dominates TB. Don't be angry, we'll let you other states continue to win the Little League Softball World Series.

nope.. CA has won that too more than any other state and most other countries...

its like that ole Roger Miller song..
"I love the south, its the land of the freeeee, we lost the only we ever fought in history...."

They pretty much win nothing that doesnt involve driving left in a circle.

:P
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by K'SDAD » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:49 pm

Jealous?
K'SDAD

by jofus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:30 am

lakers32 wrote:

I imagine having more people per square mile than most areas have in 100 square miles, not to mention 11+ months of softball playable weather, may contribute to that at least a little ;)

You can have the softball championships, I would rather do without the earthquakes, fires, crime, etc. :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Demonboy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:16 am

wadeintothem wrote:
lakers32 wrote:

nope.. CA has won that too more than any other state and most other countries...

its like that ole Roger Miller song..
"I love the south, its the land of the freeeee, we lost the only we ever fought in history...."

They pretty much win nothing that doesnt involve driving left in a circle.

:P

Trailer for sale or rent
Rooms to let...fifty cents.
No phone, no pool, no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes
Ah, but..two hours of pushin' broom
Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Demonboy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:17 am

jofus wrote:
lakers32 wrote:

I imagine having more people per square mile than most areas have in 100 square miles, not to mention 11+ months of softball playable weather, may contribute to that at least a little ;)

You can have the softball championships, I would rather do without the earthquakes, fires, crime, etc. :)

Oh yes. Cue up the "Population Excuse".
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by jofus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:49 am

I said "a little bit" :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Skarp » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:28 pm

jofus wrote:I would rather do without the earthquakes, fires, crime, etc. :)

After 5 years in SoCal I have yet to be personally impacted by any of these. I have spent time in the midwest and the south, however, where I was impacted daily by one or more of the following: storm warnings, temperature extremes, unbearably oppressive humidity (accompanied by oppressive haze), torrential rain, hail, freezing rain, snow cover lasting 6+ months, undeterrable mosquitos, fire ants, and, frequently, less-than-sunny dispositions by the resident-folk (customer service in Michigan...AACK!).

But that was probably a unique exerience. I'm sure people are leaving those states in droves for some other reason. :D
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Kat » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:12 am

jofus wrote:Well, we're in WV (for which I am very glad, other than maybe softball opportunities for my DD (not to mention baseball for my son, which is even worse), but we're gonna be playing in VA and eastern TN mainly, it seems.

It's just hard to really enjoy flame posts unless you know some of the players :)

Was just in Tennesee for 5 days to watch the Bristol Race...(AWESOME BY THE WAY) and I have to say those Tennessee people are the nicest people. Everywhere we went we found nice people. If I didnt like the area we were in already I might consider moving to Tennessee. It was beautiful to. The bad thing is why I was gone I missed several hs games....and an all star basketball game that dd played in...but this proves i do have a live outside of dd....sorta
Kat

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions