Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Waiting for Mr. Smith's post

What's on your mind?

by addiction » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will never understand why some coaches put the loss blame on a pitcher when in reality the fielding and bats were not working

I guess its the easy thing to do :roll:
addiction

by artomatic » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:08 pm

madness wrote:Hey-

Mr. Smith, when are you going to post for new pitchers? I figured since you did it after a bad friendly you would definately do it after a championship game loss.

Congratulations to Anderson Heat.
Proof that teams with class always beat out those without.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow...not sure what the purpose of this post is, but I can say first hand that everyone associated with Mike's team has always shown great sportsmanship and class when we have played them.
They have at least 3 strong pitchers that any team out there would love to have, and what is wong with trying to improve your team if your goal is to win the national championship?
In fact we saw two of the best pitchers we faced all weekend on Sunday on Corona's team.
If you watched the final, you would know that either team could have won, and as most great games go, the ball just bounced our way a couple times more.
Again, Mike and his whole coaching staff are great people, his girls are very talented, and their families show alot of class...they don't deserve this on a national board.
JMO
art
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Demonboy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:21 pm

addiction wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I will never understand why some coaches put the loss blame on a pitcher when in reality the fielding and bats were not working

The only member of the team that I'm aware of that has their own won/loss record
is the pitcher.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by addiction » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Demonboy wrote:

The only member of the team that I'm aware of that has their own won/loss record
is the pitcher.

I understand that

my point being is that the pitcher seems to get the sh!$#y end of the stick and in some cases removed from the game when the loss is truly not their fault but due to fielding errors, the pitcher should not be held accountable for the entire 9 positions on the field

I think coaches need to start removing position players when the continuously goof up instead of blamimg their pitcher, ss keeps throwing the ball over first base onto the next field, remove her, first base cant figure out how to squeeze the glove, get her out, catcher cant get her a$$ off her legs and hustle, get her out

I am so glad my DD decided to stop pitching after 8u rec ball
addiction

by BIG PAPA 18 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:40 pm

Mr. Smith, when are you going to post for new pitchers? I figured since you did it after a bad friendly you would definately do it after a championship game loss.

Uncalled for :evil: Great team and leadership all around, Great job to both teams. IMO
BIG PAPA 18

by umpinva » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:41 pm

addiction wrote:
Demonboy wrote:

is the pitcher.

I understand that

my point being is that the pitcher seems to get the sh!$#y end of the stick and in some cases removed from the game when the loss is truly not their fault but due to fielding errors, the pitcher should not be held accountable for the entire 9 positions on the field

Guess it makes up for when the pitcher gets all the credit for a no hitter. Rarely are the fielder mentioned when this event occurs.
umpinva

by addiction » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:03 pm

umpinva wrote:
Guess it makes up for when the pitcher gets all the credit for a no hitter. Rarely are the fielder mentioned when this event occurs.

not neccessarily

in some cases, great fielding is what allows a pitcher to get a no hitter ;)
addiction

by DonnieS » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:06 pm

>> Guess it makes up for when the pitcher gets all the credit for a no hitter. Rarely are the fielder mentioned when this event occurs. <<

My kid pitched one heck of a great game against the Round Rock Blaze a few weeks ago, look at the stats, she was awesome. But what you dont see is the center fielder running making an over her shoulder catch , the shortstop that made this diving play in shallow left, honestly on the grass really behind 3rd, jumps up and guns the ball to first - who snags it off the bounce
for the out. There are probably some big time strike out pitchers out there though I havent seen one in a while, my kid is not one of those, she is what I call a team pitcher, she is usually pretty good at keeping the ball in play, and she needs a good defensive team around her to make her 'look good'. Not putting her down, but when I hear people call her a 'gold level' pitcher, I think whatever, as long as there are gold level defensive players covering her butt.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:46 pm

Calling out Mike Smith is not a smart thing to do. I have always found Mike to be a coach who represented himself, his players and his organization well.

My 16U team was playing in an ASA qualifier in Virginia a couple of years ago...the final qualifier...Mike's team was going a week earlier to Ohio to qualify...but they didn't go...Tuff E Nuff went to Ohio and earned their berth. Mike's Corona Angels ended up in Virginia with us....not a great situation....but Mike made a point of coming over to me and apologizing for them being there to qualify...he said that they were planning on going to Ohio, but it clashed with a family function of his (graduation, if I remember correctly). It was a very classy thing to do and something he certainly didn't have to do....but he did it and I respected him for it. His Angels beat us in pool play and went on to earn the berth....one of my players went to ASA Nationals with him as a pickup player and hit a bomb for them.

Mike is an excellent coach and always fields excellent teams.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tai2000 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:55 pm

ok, I am not from Cali and do not know parties involved...but can we say "bitter, party of one?"
Looking at the ball going over the fence isn't going to help. -Hank Aaron
tai2000

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions