Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

how do you get those action shots?

What's on your mind?

by fasterpitch92701 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:18 pm

They may but I am not an expert. It's a good question to ask at Steve's Digicams Just go to the Canon forum or the SLR forum and post. Signup is real easy. Lots of folks with far more knowledge than me read those forums and respond (nicely, helpfully and politely).

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Apologies, but I wouldn't want to steer you down the wrong road...

enjoy,
fasterpitch92701

by coolstuff » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 pm

Skarp wrote:
coolstuff wrote:I pay the guy that shows up at tournaments to take pictures.

A guy taking pictures at my son's soccer game last month must have had $10,000 hanging from his neck. Huge telephoto lens and the thing (real high-end canon) was firing off shots so fast you could hardly hear each distinct click. Anyway, I'm not sure where I was going with that, but I'll say this: if everyone bought pictures at tournaments I'd change careers...those things are expensive! :o

I doubt I will spend $10,000 on pictures of DD in action. $100 maybe.

One year, a team mom took photos with a nice SLR but not professional grade by any means. She got some good shots and posted them on Shutterfly for all to see and order. It was very nice. Wish we had her around this year.
coolstuff

by fasterpitch92701 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:24 pm

That's similar to what I do. I try to gather all the decent photos (take 1500, 100 are "good"), process them just a bit and then burn them on a DVD at the end of the season. The parents seem to like them and it brings back all the memories, mostly good, some humorous, some silly. The DVD cost is 50 cents, nothin', fly poop in the pepper. It's the time.... I have learned to work on it throughout the year as it can be an all day train wreck if left to the end.
fasterpitch92701

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions