Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

RockeTech...Me Gusta!!

What's on your mind?

by Skarp » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:17 pm

So DD has a generally solid technical swing, but she does have the tendency to want to cast her hands out. I have shied away from buying the RockeTech for this very reason, thinking that a relatively lighter and more balanced bat would be more manageable for her given the tendency.

Well I finally picked up the RockeTech, and, rather counter-intuitively, I'm pretty sure that just swinging it has corrected the habit. The bat is too heavy and end-loaded to let her cast, so she stays compact and is hitting the ball with much more power. We couldn't be happier with it so far. :D
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gone in 2.6 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Skarp wrote:So DD has a generally solid technical swing, but she does have the tendency to want to cast her hands out. I have shied away from buying the RockeTech for this very reason, thinking that a relatively lighter and more balanced bat would be more manageable for her given the tendency.

Well I finally picked up the RockeTech, and, rather counter-intuitively, I'm pretty sure that just swinging it has corrected the habit. The bat is too heavy and end-loaded to let her cast, so she stays compact and is hitting the ball with much more power. We couldn't be happier with it so far. :D

You have discovered the magic secret of the Rocket tech. The bat itself inadvertantly discourages sub optimal mechanics.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by 2bucketdad » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:47 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Gone in 2.6 wrote:
Skarp wrote:So DD has a generally solid technical swing, but she does have the tendency to want to cast her hands out. I have shied away from buying the RockeTech for this very reason, thinking that a relatively lighter and more balanced bat would be more manageable for her given the tendency.

You have discovered the magic secret of the Rocket tech. The bat itself inadvertantly discourages sub optimal mechanics.

Don't tell Joebad, he'll be out of business.

If you say his name three times he will appear...BeetleJuice, BeetleJuice, BeetleJuice!
2bucketdad

Return to Fastpitch Discussions