Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

QOD; When does your coaching job end?

What's on your mind?

by eddiez577 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:07 am

Question of the Day

When does your coaching job end?

I'm sure there's plenty of stories out there where some coaches have helped out players outside of the softball field. Help with homework, giving rides, providing a warm meal, maybe even providing some emotional comfort when things aren't going good at school or home.

Do you have a story you can share that is an example of good will outside of coaching?
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 am

eddiez577 wrote:Question of the Day

When does your coaching job end?

I'm sure there's plenty of stories out there where some coaches have helped out players outside of the softball field. Help with homework, giving rides, providing a warm meal, maybe even providing some emotional comfort when things aren't going good at school or home.

Do you have a story you can share that is an example of good will outside of coaching?

Ummmm...It ends at the field. The rest are the parents job otherwise you are setting yourself up for misery. End it at the field unless the parents are present.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by eddiez577 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:28 am

Spazsdad wrote:Is this question serious?
Giving rides to players or helping with homework and feeding them?
Good way to put an end to your coaching career.

Yup serious question. I admit I'm the same way, end it at the field, but wanted to see if there are any Coach Bob Ladouceur/ De La Salle Football types out there.

Ya cold-hearted basterds :lol:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:46 am

The direct coaching ends on the field. The effects of good(or bad) coaching can last a lifetime
jonriv

Return to Fastpitch Discussions