Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

I'm getting worried

What's on your mind?

by coolstuff » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:15 pm

tai2000 wrote:Have you given any thought to having her eyes checked? My DD has always been a successful hitter until this past fall. At first I wrote a lot off to change in mechanics, faster pitching, etc (she was also with a new batting instructor)
Finally it was driving me crazy...took her to the eye doctor, and guess what?? Yep, time for glasses. Now this was not an instant fix...she had to get used to seeing the ball better with the improved vision, as well as adjusting her timing a little...but it came around and she is hitting much better now.
Just a thought... :mrgreen:

We went through a period where she had to start wearing glasses, and on advice of an eye doctor, did not start her off on contacts right away. Yes it affected her swing. She got contacts before the fall tournaments and she did hit better in the fall as I noted, but it's in these indoor tournaments that her hitting isn't as good.

No more indoor tournaments so I hope going outdoors will help a little.
coolstuff

by isnt she fancy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:25 am

Tai2000 had a good suggestion when he said to get your daughter's eyes checked. Mine started with contacts this season for highschool and her bat is hot. Yippee its back. She likes the contacts better than glasses because the glasses were always getting out of adjustment from being stuffed in and out of the batbag, on her face, under her helmet... She too seemed to swing under but I think she was pulling her left side out her shoulder. I am definitely not in the know when it comes to swing mechanics however. Best wishes!
isnt she fancy

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions