Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

QOD: Do metal cleats make you a better player?

What's on your mind?

by eddiez577 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 am

I have players who avoid rubber cleats like the plague.
Sometimes they fall apart on the field because mom forgot to put their metals in their bag the night before :?
In your opinion, do metal cleats make the players perform better?
I know I'm not the only one that's seen this before :lol:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:15 am

Honestly depends on field conditions..... When I play I carry spikes and molded if the field is hard, spikes, soft molded plus molded are sooooo much more comfy! Again depends on conditions but yes it can make a difference
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fccoachdavem » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:55 am

Mom forgot?
BE THE HUNTER - HFC12U
fccoachdavem
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Why is mom responsible for the bag? Is the player 8? 8 year olds can't wear metals?

Starting at 10u the bag and all that's in it have been the girls responsibility, she puts it in the car and takes it out as well.
Once a month I will go through her bag with her to make sure she still has everything and it's in place
Then she will also wipe her fielding gloves off so I can condition them for her and then she cleans her bats, helmet and then rebags her batting gloves and other things.
She's 13 now, still has an issue losing her right batting gloves and having a bag full of gum wrappers, hopefully by 15 she will know how to condition her own gloves and keep a set of batting gloves until they wear out and not just til she admits to losing the right one
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by E Train Dad » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:16 pm

And Shmick She will learn in HS and Travel that it's one foot for the bag and one foot for the face! That's how it rolls!
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sparky Guy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Why is mom responsible for the bag? Is the player 8? 8 year olds can't wear metals?

Starting at 10u the bag and all that's in it have been the girls responsibility, she puts it in the car and takes it out as well.

Amen to that. My biggest pet peeve is seeing a parent carrying a player's bag. Too many times I see a mom trying cart in everything she needs for the day at the fields along with siblings and the player's bag. In the mean time the player is out running around with her friends.

I always tell the kids I coach the words "My Mom Forgot" better not be the first three words of sentence about something missing from their bag.
Sparky Guy

by Under the Radar » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:48 am

No they Do not Make a Player Better
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by J. Bouton » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:18 pm

My mommy made breakfast for me every morning all the way up until I left home. On my first day of work I didn't know how to make breakfast, I tried to make toast but I didn't know what bread looked like. They found my dead body next to a box of cereal. I didn't know how to open it.
J. Bouton

by GIMNEPIWO » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:59 am

J. Bouton wrote:My mommy made breakfast for me every morning all the way up until I left home. On my first day of work I didn't know how to make breakfast, I tried to make toast but I didn't know what bread looked like. They found my dead body next to a box of cereal. I didn't know how to open it.

LOL ... True story about the first time we hired a babysitter, I was working at our retail store 45 miles from the farm with our eldest 8 year old DD ... My mate wanted to get something done in the fields without the 4 younger DD's helping her ... She hired the neighbors teenager to stay at the house with them ... A couple hours later here come the kids out into the field eating PB&J's ... She asks where the babysitter is and they tell her she's sleeping upstairs ... They had asked her to make them some tuna salad sandwiches but the teenager didn't know how to use a manual can opener, gave up and fell asleep ... They figured PB&J's were quicker and maybe Mommy wanted one too ... They all had a picnic.

The second and last time we ever hired a babysitter a few years later went off without a hitch ... But we figured after that they were really better at taking care of themselves and didn't need one ... Except for that one time they wanted to see if they could stop the coffee grinder from spinning by sticking their fingers in it ... :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Battle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:26 am

eddiez577 wrote:I have players who avoid rubber cleats like the plague.
Sometimes they fall apart on the field because mom forgot to put their metals in their bag the night before :?
In your opinion, do metal cleats make the players perform better?
I know I'm not the only one that's seen this before :lol:

No...
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

Return to Fastpitch Discussions