Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

QOD: Do you have a preference on balls?

What's on your mind?

by eddiez577 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:21 am

Question of the day;

Do you have a preference on balls? They're all 375lb, 0.47 COR, so does it matter?
Dream Seam, Dudley Thunder Heat, Baden Perfection :?:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Under the Radar » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:59 am

My opinion Dream Seems get soft after one or two practices, Diamonds and Dudley are very good, Right now we are using Sterling as we had our Logo put on the balls. They seem to be ok thus far but the logo comes off to quick in my opinion.
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:27 pm

She loves Dudley softballs when she goes to her pitching lessons.
I was recently given a box of Trump softballs and she likes them as much as the Dudleys, plus they were free.
Trump is making softball great again
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Pitch with what you are going to have to use when it matters. Whatever sanction you are planning to play for Nationals use what they use

My kid would agree with you. Somehow every tournament she pitched a few of the game balls ended up in her bag. ;) She had quite a collection of PGF/TCS/USA/Dudley softballs and we warmed up with the ones she would use in upcoming tournaments, showcases and high school games.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 am

Schmick wrote:Trump is making softball great again

:lol: Was it ever not great :roll: :lol:
I have a trump ball in my BP arsenal. Every time a player goes yard with it, I get a Presidential Alert that it's fake news and that the batter hits like a girl :oops:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:50 am

Leather, not pleather
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by curveballerguy124 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:21 am

CFP's are the best, for pitchers the seams!! Most high schools use CFP, I know PGF uses diamond which I think suck they turn to junk super fast especially for the price. Sterling look cool but a couple BP sessions and they lose shape. I use mostly CFP's because I throw a lot of BP and those balls hold their shape and withstand the abuse very well. They are a little pricey but worth it in the long run.
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:37 pm

For fielding I buy balls from TCS, I have 4 buckets of balls from them, mostly Badens and Wilson's but I did get some Bownet balls in the last bucket. The Wilson balls and the Baden balls have all been great. The Bownet balls seem to scuff up a ton more easily.
The Trump balls are with the CFP Dudley balls in the 2 buckets she uses for pitching lessons or pitching practice.

She also has some balls made by Jugs that came with a target backstop she got 2 years ago and most of those balls have never been used, just sit in wrappers in the bucket.

As a pitcher she tends to have a new ball or 2 in her bag after every friendly or tourney, I've come across Diamonds, Dream Seams, Sterlings, non CFP Dudleys.... and they go in to the fielding buckets, the CFPs are the only ones that go in to her pitching tunnel buckets

I have more buckets of balls than any of the teams she's been on.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions