Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

High School you just read

What's on your mind?

by starbound » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:57 pm

I have been wanting to post this but I have been hesitant because I think that I should tell the school name but I am not sure if I should. Let me know after reading this and you decided if I should blow the whistle.

The local high school by my house has a pretty successful softball team, well they are D-3 and play teams that average 12U travel teams would crush. they have one good team in their league that they battle with for first place every year. Some of the other teams have pitchers that will roll the ball half of the time. They have won league almost every year that these two guys have coached. I think that the two coaches have been there for around 28 years.

Softball has passed them by, they have no clue about bats, gloves, or cleats or how to make the players want to be there. The reason I am writing this is because I want your opinion. These 2 guys verbally abuse their players every day of the week. I will give you a few things that have been said and done, you let me know what you think should happen to coaches.

Besides girls telling the coaches their arm hurts and they continue to make them practice to the point that one girl ended up in a cast. When the coaches were confronted by the parents he blamed the girl, lying and saying that she never told him, but the truth was he just kept telling her ice it on the way home. How about hitting a girl fly balls in the infield over and over again, one of his players he was mad at so she would have to run through a puddle of muddy water that was on the field from the rain. Okay not so bad yet, what about putting your catcher at SS in practice because she said that her knees hurt and hitting her ground balls as hard as he could hit them to the point that she wanted to quit. She is a 18 Gold player with a D-1 scholarship. Still think well they are not to bad. How about telling a big girl on the team that since she is so slow maybe they should put a refrigerator at first base full of food to make her run faster. Did I get your attention? He tells the other girls that other players on the team are tramps, fat, waste of space, good for nothing, I can go on.

He has sent his best players home crying day after day but no one wants to challenge him because he has been their so long the school and him deny anything brought up and then he takes it out on the kids at practice.

These two guys have two gold pitchers on their team that would be their 3rd and 4th hitter. They do not get to hit because they are pitchers, old school fools. Instead he hits a girl that can't hit because he promised her dad playing time.

If the girls all went in as a group the coaches would be fired but they are afraid because they have seen what he does to kids that parents complain. I have no kids at this school but I have friends that do. This is only a very brief detail about what these guys have done. They have both said terrible thing to their players about other players and people in the community and year after year get away with it...

BTW they won CIF about 20 years ago now they get smoked in playoffs in the first or second round

sorry this is so scrambled I was working and typing and answering phone calls all at the same time, I don't feel like taking the time to go over it. :D
starbound

by wadeintothem » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Video record it, turn it in to the school.

Its pretty much that simple. I dont know why a parent would hesitate to do so. Even if you are worried it would be taken out on your daughter, turn it in anonymously to the senior vice principle, the principle, and AD. I doubt it would be taken lightly.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Kat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:53 pm

starbound wrote:I have been wanting to post this but I have been hesitant because I think that I should tell the school name but I am not sure if I should. Let me know after reading this and you decided if I should blow the whistle.

BTW they won CIF about 20 years ago now they get smoked in playoffs in the first or second round

sorry this is so scrambled I was working and typing and answering phone calls all at the same time, I don't feel like taking the time to go over it. :D

Yes I do. There is such a thing as a coach who sets the bar high....and there is such a thing as abuse. He is going to hurt one of these girls and crush their chances of playing college ball....and even more of an issue is the girls self esteem. I dont believe you have to powder a girls behind to give them self esteem but when they attack the personal character of a girl...I have problems with it.
Kat

by Demonboy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:10 am

Some of the stuff is none of your business like if the coach chooses to bat
the pitchers or not. If the coaches are endangering/abusing the players they
should go. I find it hard to fathom that they could get away with what you're
describing.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:12 am

Demonboy wrote:Some of the stuff is none of your business like if the coach chooses to bat
describing.

I don't find it hard to believe. We had a coach that was somewhat abusive. He did not go to the lengths that this coach did, but verbal still the same. Many good players left the program. Lots of money missing too. Went to the school over a 10 year time frame and nothing.

Things are much better now.
Sftbll4ever

by coolstuff » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:57 pm

wadeintothem wrote:Video record it, turn it in to the school.

Its pretty much that simple. I dont know why a parent would hesitate to do so. Even if you are worried it would be taken out on your daughter, turn it in anonymously to the senior vice principle, the principle, and AD. I doubt it would be taken lightly.

Don't give the video to the school. Post it on YouTube.
coolstuff

by daylightkate » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:34 pm

coolstuff wrote:Don't give the video to the school. Post it on YouTube.

That will get someone's attention!
Do you have school trustee's? A person who is elected by the public who represent parents in that school community? Video tape and send it to the Trustee, Superintendent and school board Director.

Kate
daylightkate

by starbound » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:37 am

Demonboy wrote:Some of the stuff is none of your business like if the coach chooses to bat
describing.

Demonb you are absolutely right, some stuff is none of my business, in fact all of it is really none of my business. But that's what great about American you can say what you feel. Anyway I don't really care if you believe it or not but this is the Gods honest truth. It sounds to much to be real but it is and I can go on and on about things these guys have said and done. These two coaches have been getting away with this stuff for years and since I posted this the one coaches that made the refrigerator remark was suspended for two weeks.

One of the fathers from another girl on the team brought in another complaint and this guy, well lets say he is high up in the community got the coach suspended. This is this parents first complaint I think and other parents have brought in pages and pages of documented verbal abuse and they have done nothing until now. Rumor is the father first got in the coaches face and the coach almost cried, what a tough guy!
starbound

by Demonboy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:51 am

starbound wrote:
describing.

Demonb you are absolutely right, some stuff is none of my business, in fact all of it is really none of my business. But that's what great about American you can say what you feel. Anyway I don't really care if you believe it or not but this is the Gods honest truth. It sounds to much to be real but it is and I can go on and on about things these guys have said and done. These two coaches have been getting away with this stuff for years and since I posted this the one coaches that made the refrigerator remark was suspended for two weeks.

One of the fathers from another girl on the team brought in another complaint and this guy, well lets say he is high up in the community got the coach suspended. This is this parents first complaint I think and other parents have brought in pages and pages of documented verbal abuse and they have done nothing until now. Rumor is the father first got in the coaches face and the coach almost cried, what a tough guy!

The Youtube suggestion was pretty good.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Judd » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:43 am

If the parents united, the coaches would be SOL. What would happen if 7-8 parents went to the DOA or principal or the school board and said we wont play until these issues are addressed or the coach is removed. Yeah it would screw up the season but is playing for such idiots worth it?

I am surprised someones dad hasnt put a beatdown on one of them if some of those comments are true.
Judd

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions