Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

when org's pick apart their teams

What's on your mind?

by Hinky » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:34 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Hinky wrote:GIM you're use of proper punctuation is a credit to your teachers, your academic abilities and editing skills. sounds like you're good at typing also!

thanks for the tip about capital letters.
I do remember something about that from elementary school.

Hinky, your welcome ... Where all on the same team hear ... Theirs what you're point is, write ? We're I learnt two type, know one nose ... But wear the shift key is under were the Caps Lock button bee. :shock: Happy Monday !

No joke ... When I started my first company I wrote a contract and handed it to the prospective customer ... Turned out she was a former elementary school teacher ... She kept the contract over night and called me the next day saying it was signed ... When I went to pick it up she had gone through it with a red pen correcting all the spelling and punctuation errors, then graded it with a "F" ... I was glad it was signed. :lol:

happy Monday. Oh is that the story of how you became the critical rule book guy? I can understand that after while you were grown up someone graded your performance! well just for the record I don't have a keyboard and I just use the speaker microphone on my phone so going back and editing is a little tedious. especially when want to hit the preview button and it kicks me out of the system. sometimes I have to use submit and then go back and edit. the microphone system is typing this out. And you can see where sometimes it will capitalize. And sometimes it doesn't. perhaps complaints send it to Android or T-Mobile or? definitely will make sure to end sentences with punctuation hope that helps!
Hinky

by Sam » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:07 am

orange socks wrote:....then.....play elsewhere. Thats how PGF came into existence. ASA didn't listen to their customers.

Hey Sam,

Curious to know what their customers(assuming Cali teams) were requesting other than being able to play in their backyards every year? Just trying to understand more clearly. Clearly there is a divide in the USA/PGF factions. What about Boulder IDT vs TCS Firework/Sparkler??? I don't hear anyone complaining about those competing tournaments.[/quote]

ASA's customers were requesting that they hold their Nationals in places other than the $hitholes they were holding them. They were asking for more berths in SoCal so that we didn't have to go to other $hitole areas to qualify, They were asking that ASA not change the standards for helmets and bats so that the manufacturers could increase their sales and donate to ASA.

It was mostly about them ignoring the SoCal teams for years.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Sam wrote:
orange socks wrote:....then.....play elsewhere. Thats how PGF came into existence. ASA didn't listen to their customers.

Hey Sam,

Curious to know what their customers(assuming Cali teams) were requesting other than being able to play in their backyards every year? Just trying to understand more clearly. Clearly there is a divide in the USA/PGF factions. What about Boulder IDT vs TCS Firework/Sparkler??? I don't hear anyone complaining about those competing tournaments.

ASA's customers were requesting that they hold their Nationals in places other than the $hitholes they were holding them. They were asking for more berths in SoCal so that we didn't have to go to other $hitole areas to qualify, They were asking that ASA not change the standards for helmets and bats so that the manufacturers could increase their sales and donate to ASA.

It was mostly about them ignoring the SoCal teams for years.[/quote]
So what you are saying is Cali wanted special treatment and ASA didn't buy into it? That sounds about right. Finally something I can agree with you on. Cali kicked the rock, wiped the tear from their eye and took their ball and went home to start their own team. But hey, I can't blame them. If the rest of the country is going to be the idiots that follow PGF so be it and they did.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Hinky wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Hinky wrote:GIM you're use of proper punctuation is a credit to your teachers, your academic abilities and editing skills. sounds like you're good at typing also!

thanks for the tip about capital letters.
I do remember something about that from elementary school.

Hinky, your welcome ... Where all on the same team hear ... Theirs what you're point is, write ? We're I learnt two type, know one nose ... But wear the shift key is under were the Caps Lock button bee. :shock: Happy Monday !

No joke ... When I started my first company I wrote a contract and handed it to the prospective customer ... Turned out she was a former elementary school teacher ... She kept the contract over night and called me the next day saying it was signed ... When I went to pick it up she had gone through it with a red pen correcting all the spelling and punctuation errors, then graded it with a "F" ... I was glad it was signed. :lol:

happy Monday. Oh is that the story of how you became the critical rule book guy? I can understand that after while you were grown up someone graded your performance! well just for the record I don't have a keyboard and I just use the speaker microphone on my phone so going back and editing is a little tedious. especially when want to hit the preview button and it kicks me out of the system. sometimes I have to use submit and then go back and edit. the microphone system is typing this out. And you can see where sometimes it will capitalize. And sometimes it doesn't. perhaps complaints send it to Android or T-Mobile or? definitely will make sure to end sentences with punctuation hope that helps!

I never really thought about that... :lol: ...I just thought you didn't care enough to "grammaratize". I apologize for my thinking or lack of. I just wish someone would explain the use of "then" and "than" because I'm really confused when I read some of these posts... :mrgreen:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jtat32 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Hinky wrote:happy Monday. Oh is that the story of how you became the critical rule book guy? I can understand that after while you were grown up someone graded your performance! well just for the record I don't have a keyboard and I just use the speaker microphone on my phone so going back and editing is a little tedious. especially when want to hit the preview button and it kicks me out of the system. sometimes I have to use submit and then go back and edit. the microphone system is typing this out. And you can see where sometimes it will capitalize. And sometimes it doesn't. perhaps complaints send it to Android or T-Mobile or? definitely will make sure to end sentences with punctuation hope that helps!

Please understand that G is a dominate writer. If there was a Nationals for writing he would have a birth every year.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:29 pm

jtat32 wrote:
Hinky wrote:happy Monday. Oh is that the story of how you became the critical rule book guy? I can understand that after while you were grown up someone graded your performance! well just for the record I don't have a keyboard and I just use the speaker microphone on my phone so going back and editing is a little tedious. especially when want to hit the preview button and it kicks me out of the system. sometimes I have to use submit and then go back and edit. the microphone system is typing this out. And you can see where sometimes it will capitalize. And sometimes it doesn't. perhaps complaints send it to Android or T-Mobile or? definitely will make sure to end sentences with punctuation hope that helps!

Perhaps even a “berth”? Since we are focusing on writing, spelling and grammar.

P

Please understand that G is a dominate writer. If there was a Nationals for writing he would have a birth every year.
jonriv

by jtat32 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:18 pm

I think you missed the point there Jon.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:37 am

jtat32 wrote:I think you missed the point there Jon.

No, I think I got it right on point!
jonriv

by Sam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:29 am

Battle,

We were asking for equal treatment and we were asking that a National tournament be held in California every once in a while. We were sending 20+ teams to the National tournaments and never getting a National tournament in our state.....save for 10U in Moreno Valley in 2000. We were asking that ASA grant berths for California that were commensurate with our participation in their organization. They created a market for PGF. They were warned repeatedly and they snubbed their noses. Now they went from the elite softball organization to 2nd or 3rd place behind PGF. ASA is built for slowpitch....they could give a $hit about girls softball. PGF exists SOLELY for girls softball.

OBTW: The host cities offered berths to their local teams in ASA. they didn't have to qualify.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:08 am

Sam wrote:Battle,

We were asking for equal treatment and we were asking that a National tournament be held in California every once in a while. We were sending 20+ teams to the National tournaments and never getting a National tournament in our state.....save for 10U in Moreno Valley in 2000. We were asking that ASA grant berths for California that were commensurate with our participation in their organization. They created a market for PGF. They were warned repeatedly and they snubbed their noses. Now they went from the elite softball organization to 2nd or 3rd place behind PGF. ASA is built for slowpitch....they could give a $hit about girls softball. PGF exists SOLELY for girls softball.

OBTW: The host cities offered berths to their local teams in ASA. they didn't have to qualify.

what was the reason given from ASA not wanting to do National tournaments in California?
seems rational and smart. There could have been a tournament here say every four years and grown the market for themselves. Plus give teams opportunity to travel and see other states. So not everybody have to travel every year or at least as far.

Imo, can see what's happening in the direction of pgf. Compared to the amount of teams in other national venues, it really isn't that large of a national tournament. just saying when we look at how many top teams there actually are in softball.
seems there are great competitive showcasing tournaments where people are guaranteed games and the competition is just as good. those alternatives. Or something :roll:
seem to limit any growing participation at pgf.
Hinky

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions