Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

when org's pick apart their teams

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:26 am

E Train Dad wrote:Report the violations to the "Governing Body" of PGF?? Who do you think is the worst offenders of the last minute roster flipping before the deadline? It's those "Invited teams" that are lead by the governing body of PGF! The teams that qualify the legit way don't have a chance against this loaded system!

....then.....play elsewhere. Thats how PGF came into existence. ASA didn't listen to their customers.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:54 am

Sam wrote:
E Train Dad wrote:Report the violations to the "Governing Body" of PGF?? Who do you think is the worst offenders of the last minute roster flipping before the deadline? It's those "Invited teams" that are lead by the governing body of PGF! The teams that qualify the legit way don't have a chance against this loaded system!

....then.....play elsewhere. Thats how PGF came into existence. ASA didn't listen to their customers.

:roll: hmmmm don't think pgf started out by handing out so many invites. they did start with if you place in the top think it's top 9 (?) you get a return invite that goes with the coach. as far as other invites. Wasnt it supposed to be a qualify to participate venue?
The ratio of invites has increased over the years. Now what is it more than over 50% of the team's Invites? everything on the pgf website is pending the board of directors decision so even though they've set rules in place there's built-in 'flexibility' ;)

change their brackets to
pgf Invitational and pgf qualified.
in any case it's really water down to know that the buddy system is selecting teams instead of performance!
Hinky

by orange socks » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:18 pm

....then.....play elsewhere. Thats how PGF came into existence. ASA didn't listen to their customers.[/quote]

Hey Sam,

Curious to know what their customers(assuming Cali teams) were requesting other than being able to play in their backyards every year? Just trying to understand more clearly. Clearly there is a divide in the USA/PGF factions. What about Boulder IDT vs TCS Firework/Sparkler??? I don't hear anyone complaining about those competing tournaments.
orange socks

by GIMNEPIWO » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:17 am

Hinky wrote:
Sam wrote:

:roll: hmmmm don't think pgf started out by handing out so many invites. they did start with if you place in the top think it's top 9 (?) you get a return invite that goes with the coach. as far as other invites. Wasnt it supposed to be a qualify to participate venue?
The ratio of invites has increased over the years. Now what is it more than over 50% of the team's Invites? everything on the pgf website is pending the board of directors decision so even though they've set rules in place there's built-in 'flexibility' ;)

change their brackets to
pgf Invitational and pgf qualified.
in any case it's really water down to know that the buddy system is selecting teams instead of performance!

Hinky ... I don't mean to cramp your style and I'm sure my excessive use of punctuation irritates some folks .... But the 'Shift' button on your keyboard is there to help capitalize some keywords like those that begin sentences ... It would make your posts easier to read if you would use it for it's intended purposes ... Just sayin' ... ;)
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Hinky » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:48 am

GIM you're use of proper punctuation is a credit to your teachers, your academic abilities and editing skills. sounds like you're good at typing also!

thanks for the tip about capital letters.
I do remember something about that from elementary school.
Hinky

by melika78 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:28 am

this happened to us,

what a mess it was
melika78

by Chin Music » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:15 am

14u PGF champs, 28 girls on the team. Hmmm...?
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PairOfAces » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Chin Music wrote:14u PGF champs, 28 girls on the team. Hmmm...?

Think they ONLY carried about 22/23 during the season, so I guess they picked up a few in case of injury. :roll:
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Chin Music wrote:14u PGF champs, 28 girls on the team. Hmmm...?

That’s insane

Must be great being 15-28 on that roster
jonriv

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:45 am

Hinky wrote:GIM you're use of proper punctuation is a credit to your teachers, your academic abilities and editing skills. sounds like you're good at typing also!

thanks for the tip about capital letters.
I do remember something about that from elementary school.

Hinky, your welcome ... Where all on the same team hear ... Theirs what you're point is, write ? We're I learnt two type, know one nose ... But wear the shift key is under were the Caps Lock button bee. :shock: Happy Monday !

No joke ... When I started my first company I wrote a contract and handed it to the prospective customer ... Turned out she was a former elementary school teacher ... She kept the contract over night and called me the next day saying it was signed ... When I went to pick it up she had gone through it with a red pen correcting all the spelling and punctuation errors, then graded it with a "F" ... I was glad it was signed. :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions