Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Brazowood Buc's?

What's on your mind?

by Kurt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:41 pm

I was flipping thru Maxpreps at lunch and came across the Brazowood Bucaneers out of TX.
Team has posted some good scores so far and was curious if anyone on Heybucket has seen them play. Being in CA, I havent heard of them before today.
Kurt

by Bandit20 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Brazoswood is a very good team in Lake Jackson, south of Houston. they have had Britany Cuevas pitching for them the last few years (now in her freshman year at Louisiana-Lafayette), and has taken them deep into the playoffs. This year, the pitching is still good, they hit pretty good and play solid defense. Brazoswood is always hard to beat. We were suposed to play them in their tournament a couple of weeks ago, but rain got us on Thursday and we ended playing Brazosport instead on Friday. I was really looking forward to watching Brazoswood :D play my DD's team.
Bandit20

by Kurt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks for the response. I also saw another team that was posting some good scores from Fort Bend Baptist. Are these enrollment wise, very small schools? I do not recall seeing these schools at the tournament of champions, but appears that they should be attending.
Kurt

by Bandit20 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:58 am

Brazoswood is a 5A school. Not sure of the attendance figures, but a good sized school. Don't know much about Ft. Bend Baptist. I think they are a private school in Sugarland.
Bandit20

Return to Fastpitch Discussions