Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

player release for nationals

What's on your mind?

by Hinky » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 am

jonriv wrote:Did they contact the former coach and ask why?

another good question, dont know the answer to that.
,but tend to think once someone says no not going to release you and here's the reason. The reason only matters to the person who said no ...don't really think there is a good reason anyway.... remember this is a coach who said no to a 12 year old. don't think the reason would matter to pgf.
it's a coach who just bought the name of an organization in 2017 and has not been coaching travel ball very long, Less Than 3 years. Probably got a big ego and gets to make those big formal decisions for her team...

onlooker wrote:You know my feelings on the local coaches here, this is par for the course if it is as you have described with these daddies. Ill even guess that this was a Batbusters teram, Id even guess the coach too (i got a feeling).

Now....unless something has changed....... here is how it is supposed to work.. Once qualifiers are over, the second the last qualifier is played, for all teams that did not get a berth EVERYONE who played in a qualifier is released. EVERYONE. This doesn't take any action from any coach. It just happens

Someone correct me if I am wrong here: Teams who get invited after the qualifier have to provide a new PGF roster.

onlooker, no it is not a BatBuster team. no it's not a daddie/male coach.

from what I understand the coach of the new team is proceeding further with the inquiry on the questions above once the team has not qualified, released players & new roster and also that timeline of the free birth and does that matter
or not !?

Update pending....
Hinky

by Sam » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 am

The coach isn't a jerk, The coach is abiding by the rules set forth by PGF and affirmed by PGF in the ruling on the appeal. The kid's parents signed the kid up KNOWING these rules. They CHOSE to take the kid off the team and ACCEPT that she wouldn't be able to join a team competing at PGF Nationals. Tough $hit. If these rules weren't in place there would be chaos like there was years ago when coaches would actively recruit players away from teams constantly. These player rules were adopted to protect the integrity of game and mid-level teams from being cannabalized by the name programs. They also protect the kids who are already on the big name teams whose positions will be taken away by illegal pickup players..

Possibly the kid leaving the team and the team not qualifying during a qualifier are related.....a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Good to see that PGF has the backbone that SoCal ASA never possessed.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:30 am

here it is,
pgf within one day of the last 12u qualifier ( june 25th) pgf awarded multiple teams free invites. At that time all those players were locked in to the teams they had tried to qualify with. even though multiple teams didn't qualify... in essence the teams did qualify because they were awarded an invite birth.

to Sam's Point the rules for pgf are the way they are so there is not team hopping and those rules are fine. Included in those rules it does say the coach has the opportunity to release the player. Those are part of the exceptions in the pgf rules that would fall to the coaches decision.
Hinky

by Chin Music » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:33 pm

So many talk as if PGF is some sort of softball utopia. Am I missing something? Been to 3-4 PGFs , 2 ASAs, and 3 TCSs Nationals. It was more enjoyable to leave so cal and play. Felt more like a big tournament.
Funniest part of this is we’re talking about 12u!
Last month I threw out 3 boxes of trophies and plaques and medals that my girls didn’t want any more from rec and travel. They only wanted to keep their College stuff.
Enjoy the ride! Enjoy an extra weekend off before it all starts over again.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Chin Music wrote:So many talk as if PGF is some sort of softball utopia. Am I missing something? Been to 3-4 PGFs , 2 ASAs, and 3 TCSs Nationals. It was more enjoyable to leave so cal and play. Felt more like a big tournament.
Last month I threw out 3 boxes of trophies and plaques and medals that my girls didn’t want any more from rec and travel. They only wanted to keep their College stuff.

I am with you Chin. In my garage is a box full of rec/travel trophies and medals along with Jonas Bros and Hannah Montana stuff. In my kid's room is her high school awards. I am sure as she heads off to college in the fall those items will be replaced too.

Maybe that 12u kid can latch onto a team and play at AFA Nationals!! ;)
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Chin Music wrote:So many talk as if PGF is some sort of softball utopia. Am I missing something? Been to 3-4 PGFs , 2 ASAs, and 3 TCSs Nationals. It was more enjoyable to leave so cal and play. Felt more like a big tournament.

I understand your sentiment. PGF would not exist but for ASA's retisence to award National tournaments to SoCal cities. They persisted on awarding National tournaments to $hithole cities in some of the worst parts of the nation.....replete with tornadoes, lightning, and rainouts.....or 110 degree weather. ASA was arrogant and allowed for an immensely attractive alternative in PGF.

OBTW: Played in a rodeo arena at TCS Nationals.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:32 pm

eclipse09 wrote:

I am with you Chin. In my garage is a box full of rec/travel trophies and medals along with Jonas Bros and Hannah Montana stuff. In my kid's room is her high school awards. I am sure as she heads off to college in the fall those items will be replaced too.

exactly at the root of this is a 12 year old. has nothing to do with pgf. really is how people treat each other.
let the 12yr old have the opportunity to possibly earn a trophy that becomes something they're so happy about they save it! even if it starts out on the kitchen table, ends up on a Shelf, then in a box, only to be tossed away later, that still becomes an achievement that goes into the Memory Trophy Room!
Hinky

by Sam » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Hinky wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:

exactly at the root of this is a 12 year old. has nothing to do with pgf. really is how people treat each other.
let the 12yr old have the opportunity to possibly earn a trophy that becomes something they're so happy about they save it! even if it starts out on the kitchen table, ends up on a Shelf, then in a box, only to be tossed away later, that still becomes an achievement that goes into the Memory Trophy Room!

If you do that, there is no reason for the rule.

What if she was #1 pitcher? Or the stud SS? Players leaving like this can cause entire teams to break up.

The better lesson for the kid longterm in life is to live up to her commitments....not do whatever she feels like at any point in time with no ramifications.

"just let her go and play" is so f*cking millenial. Its why this country will be in extremely deep $hit in the very near future.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Sam wrote:

I understand your sentiment. PGF would not exist but for ASA's retisence to award National tournaments to SoCal cities. They persisted on awarding National tournaments to $hithole cities in some of the worst parts of the nation.....replete with tornadoes, lightning, and rainouts.....or 110 degree weather. ASA was arrogant and allowed for an immensely attractive alternative in PGF.

OBTW: Played in a rodeo arena at TCS Nationals.

DD played at that field too!!! Coal City, Utah. A long scenic drive from Park City!! We loved Park City
jonriv

by Hinky » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:18 pm

guess it must bother you Sam that the option is there for the coaches to make the decision to release a player!
it's a good thing too, because there are plenty of coaches that do release players!!!

good thing there's a lot of team choices.

and one tournament doesn't make or break a season!
Hinky

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions