Spazsdad wrote:well allrighty then...

Well aaaaaalrighty then!!!.jpg
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tucson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:19 am

American Freedom, If I recall, no one is claiming rape. The young lady is claiming abuse by the much older coach and she has the text messages to prove it.
Tucson

by americanfreedom » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:27 am

I believe the accusation is statutory rape. My post, again, was not intended to be a comment on this particular charge against the TNL coach. The post was intended to address common misconsceptions about the criminal justice system. The examples were merely that examples.
Tim Soefje
American Freedom Gold
Cell: (972) 922-8866
Email: americanfreedomgold@yahoo.com
http://www.americanfreedomgold.com
americanfreedom

by wadeintothem » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:49 am

americanfreedom wrote:This post is not an comment on the guilt or innocence of the TNL coach. The whole incident is sad regardless of the outcome. This post is simply an effort to help people understand the actual wrongful conviction rate in this country because of the misinformation above. The most respected liberal and conservative scholars in the country agree that the wrongful conviction number is between 7,500 to 10,000 people a year for all crimes.

So lemme do some math.. 7500 wrongful convictions.. carry the 1...

So whats that mean? 99.5% +/- are rightfully convicted ...

Thats pretty good.

Worse by far is the number of child molestors who do the crime and never face the time due to witness issues, etc.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Judd » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:09 am

americanfreedom wrote:I The post was intended to address common misconsceptions about the criminal justice system. The examples were merely that examples.

Thank you. I know this through personal experience, just didnt know how to say it.
Judd

by Demonboy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:08 am

americanfreedom wrote:I believe the accusation is statutory rape. My post, again, was not intended to be a comment on this particular charge against the TNL coach. The post was intended to address common misconsceptions about the criminal justice system. The examples were merely that examples.

On this board, you need to type slower.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Demonboy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:13 am

"womp womp womp womp womp"
Attachments
peanuts-sally-at-school.gif
peanuts-sally-at-school.gif (5.53 KiB) Viewed 3992 times

- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Sam » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:27 am

americanfreedom wrote:This post is not an comment on the guilt or innocence of the TNL coach. The whole incident is sad regardless of the outcome. This post is simply an effort to help people understand the actual wrongful conviction rate in this country because of the misinformation above. The most respected liberal and conservative scholars in the country agree that the wrongful conviction number is between 7,500 to 10,000 people a year for all crimes.

A 1997 FBI study of 12,000 rape cases concluded that as many as 25 percent of all rape claims are false. Subsequent research by multiple scholars has suggested that the false charge may exceed 33 percent of all cases. That is, the rape may have occurred, but the wrong man is accused. Since 1989 when post-conviction DNA testing was first performed, more than 205 men have been acquited of rape by post-conviction DNA testing. In otherwords, about 10 a year. This, however, only includes those cases where a post-convictin DNA test was authorized by the and/or available. Post-conviction DNA testing is rarely, if ever, conducted in plea bargain cases.

The actual conviction rates in criminal cases vary widely by area. In the federal system, however, the actual conviction rate is closer to 85 percent. As pointed out, this includes all cases where the defendant pled guilty, so the actual conviction rate in cases that proceed to trial is substantially lower.

The common misconception is that only guilty people get charged with a crime, and only guilty people who would not accept stiff plea bargains go to trial. The reality is actually quite different. Again, this is not intended to be a comment on this specific case involving the TNL coach, but only to cause eveyone to pause before concluding anyone accused or charged with a crime must be guilty becaue the District Attorney only prosecutes guilty people. And, yes, I am an attorney, but I do not practice criminal law.

A lot has changed since 1997...

Denny Neagle won 20 games for the Braves
Frank Thomas won the batting crown
Ken Griffey Jr hit 56 bombs
Nomar was the ROY

I would also argue that the number of non-convictions of guilty offenders far outdistances the number of false convictions.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:28 am

Demonboy wrote:
americanfreedom wrote:I believe the accusation is statutory rape. My post, again, was not intended to be a comment on this particular charge against the TNL coach. The post was intended to address common misconsceptions about the criminal justice system. The examples were merely that examples.

On this board, you need to type slower.

lol...you can say that again. Try to comment on a narrow aspect of a problem, or to point out a flaw in a particular line of reasoning, and you will be cast down with the sodomites. Doesn't matter how many caveats you put in your post, or whether you clearly state that you aren't taking a position on the larger issue--you just joined the filth on "the other side" (gasp!). :o
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Demonboy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:43 am

Sam wrote:

A 1997 FBI study of 12,000 rape cases concluded that as many as 25 percent of all rape claims are false. Subsequent research by multiple scholars has suggested that the false charge may exceed 33 percent of all cases. That is, the rape may have occurred, but the wrong man is accused. Since 1989 when post-conviction DNA testing was first performed, more than 205 men have been acquited of rape by post-conviction DNA testing. In otherwords, about 10 a year. This, however, only includes those cases where a post-convictin DNA test was authorized by the and/or available. Post-conviction DNA testing is rarely, if ever, conducted in plea bargain cases.

The actual conviction rates in criminal cases vary widely by area. In the federal system, however, the actual conviction rate is closer to 85 percent. As pointed out, this includes all cases where the defendant pled guilty, so the actual conviction rate in cases that proceed to trial is substantially lower.

The common misconception is that only guilty people get charged with a crime, and only guilty people who would not accept stiff plea bargains go to trial. The reality is actually quite different. Again, this is not intended to be a comment on this specific case involving the TNL coach, but only to cause eveyone to pause before concluding anyone accused or charged with a crime must be guilty becaue the District Attorney only prosecutes guilty people. And, yes, I am an attorney, but I do not practice criminal law.

A lot has changed since 1997...

Denny Neagle won 20 games for the Braves
Frank Thomas won the batting crown
Ken Griffey Jr hit 56 bombs
Nomar was the ROY

I would also argue that the number of non-convictions of guilty offenders far outdistances the number of false convictions.

I would agree while adding that's not good enough.

"womp womp womp womp womp"

- Anthrax
Demonboy

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions