Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The Next Level Update/Coach accused of Sex Crime

What's on your mind?

by softballjerk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:08 am

Has anyone read the NEW TNL Update? On their web site it states they had another meeting on March 9th, two days after Mr. Facione's arraignment, and by reading their revised statement it appears that Mr. Facione has now been suspended "until further notice". This is step forward from their earlier version, which stated he was on "personal leave". The board, "On the Surface" appears to be doing the right thing, what is still concerning is if the Board is Still Paying Mr. Facione? We also must wonder what happened since the arraignment that led to this harsher public announcement about his role in the Organization?
What about this Board? Is this BOARD nothing more than Friends of Mr Facione that he allowed them to be on the BOARD of HIS organization. This is NOT the Board of Directors of Microsoft that were elected, this is a hand selected Board of Friends of the alleged sexual predator. Are we to assume that they are acting without his input and direction when making these decisions and announcements? Of course not!
It's simple, Mr Facione has mounting legal expenses that will have to be paid in order for him to put up some kind of defense, and to continue to live the lifestyle he is accustomed to. How will these expenses be paid? By the Board of Friends keeping the income stream flowing to his pockets from the families that pay their dues for their kid to play softball.
Just a thought, but if these families are, directly or indirectly paying for his defense, shouldn't they also be entitled to review the court documents, in their entirety? Maybe they have been already and they choose to defend this case, if not then this is a misuse of player dues and should be stopped.
How about the public show of support for Mr Facione? Are these people nuts? Without knowing the evidence the States attorney has, they are allowing their children to publicly support him? What happens if it is proven to be true? Call him a great guy then, at least it wasn't your kid, right!
Unless I was assured not ONE PENNY of my hard earned dollars was going to this guy, I would be seriously be looking for a less controversial team to play for -who needs their kids exposed to this stuff?
By the Way, here is the LAW:

261.5. (a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an "adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.

c) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is more than three years younger than the perpetrator is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony, and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

Now consider that this alleged crime was perpetrated by this minor's SOFTBALL COACH with whom she trusted, brings a new meaning to the word scumbag - if it's true.
I know I speak for all of us in saying that, if the facts are true and Mr Facione is guilty, this child should be applauded for putting her reputation and softball career "On the Line" by coming forward with this. It would have been much easier to stay quiet and let this happen to the next kid who caught the eye of this alleged child predator.
Let me say this, If this happened to my kid, every person, stupid enough to put their name on official documents for this organization would be facing Civil Lawsuits that would make their heads spin. Maybe that is the next step for this family - who knows?

Keep paying those dues, jail is not fun for people who commit crimes like this and In closing, as always, we are... TNL!
Last edited by softballjerk on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
softballjerk

by BIG PAPA 18 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:27 am

Now consider that this alleged crime was perpetrated by this minor's SOFTBALL COACH with whom she trusted, brings a new meaning to the word scumbag - if it's true.
I know I speak for all of us in saying that, if the facts are true and Mr Facione is guilty, this child should be applauded for putting her reputation and softball career "On the Line" by coming forward with this. It would have been much easier to stay quiet and let this happen to the next kid who caught the eye of this alleged child predator.
Let me say this, If this happened to my kid, every person, stupid enough to put their name on official documents for this organization would be facing Civil Lawsuits that would make their heads spin. Maybe that is the next step for this family - who knows?

Keep paying those dues, jail is not fun for people who commit crimes like this and In closing, as always, we are... TNL![/quote]

Very well stated. :mrgreen:
BIG PAPA 18

by softballjerk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:51 am

BIG PAPA 18

I hate seeing that this is being treated in such a sterile way. Everyone forgets that, if true, there is a victim here and she's a child.
So quickly parents jump to the conclusion that this didn't happen because of this Coach being such a great guy, did they forget about this guy:

John Wayne Gacy

It is no surprise that John Wayne Gacy, Jr. was admired and liked by most who had known him. He was a sharp businessman who had spent his time, when not building up his contracting company, hosting elaborate street parties for friends and neighbors, dressing as a clown and entertaining children at local hospitals and immersing himself in organizations such as the Jaycees, working to make his community a better place to live. People who knew Gacy thought of him as a generous, friendly and hard-working man, devoted to his family and community. However, there was another side to Gacy that few had ever witnessed...

For those of you who don't remember:
During a three-year-period, Gacy went on to viciously torture, rape and murder more than thirty other young men, who would later be discovered under the floorboards of his home and in the local river.

Not to suggest that these are the same by any means, but merley to offer the possibility that perception that people have of other people could be wrong - Be careful parents, at least until you know the facts.
softballjerk

by Demonboy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:05 am

So....why did you feel the need to create a new account to go on your TNL crusade?
Last edited by Demonboy on Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by softballjerk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:31 am

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:05 am

Re: The Next Level Update
So....why did feel the need to create a new account to go on your TNL crusade?

Do you think this is really about TNL? or about a kid who accused her coach of a heinous crime and an Organizations canned response and smoke screen tactics to hide what is going on.

How much of this is for the kids who belong to this organization and how much is to keep the ring leader out of prison and to keep a roof over his head? How do you ever know. Oh, because their web site said so?

As for the Crusade I'm on, Not a day goes by that I don't thank God that this was not my child, but the sad fact is that there is someones child involved. So I choose to continue on my Crusade. You have choices to and can support any activity that moves you or fits your lifestyle, what ever that may be.
softballjerk

by Sftbll4ever » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:55 am

Not to add fuel to the fire, because I choose to stay with my own opinion until a court decides, but here is something from March 6th.

http://nctimes.com/articles/2008/03/07/news/sandiego/21_58_433_6_08.txt
Sftbll4ever

by Demonboy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:20 am

softballjerk wrote:Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:05 am

Do you think this is really about TNL? or about a kid who accused her coach of a heinous crime and an Organizations canned response and smoke screen tactics to hide what is going on.

How much of this is for the kids who belong to this organization and how much is to keep the ring leader out of prison and to keep a roof over his head? How do you ever know. Oh, because their web site said so?

As for the Crusade I'm on, Not a day goes by that I don't thank God that this was not my child, but the sad fact is that there is someones child involved. So I choose to continue on my Crusade. You have choices to and can support any activity that moves you or fits your lifestyle, what ever that may be.

If you don't want to answer the question just say so and save the bandwidth.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by jofus » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:28 am

softballjerk wrote:Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:05 am

That sounds like a politician's "answer" to a question. Are you in politics? :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by dittoz » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:51 am

If my daughter was at the other end of this, or pretty much any kid I have (how can I say this correctly...?) an interest in, I would feel exactly as SBJ writes. That being said, I don't, so perhaps I can speak with a little more objectivity.

This guy is being accused of a crime that pretty much dictates that he should be neutered if found guilty. He violated the trust of pretty much the entire planet and it's of a nature that few ever can get away from for the rest of their life. That being said though, there are ZERO details that have been officially released and after considering the possibly remote potential that this is a child who has not being entirely truthful, I just cannot jump to conclusions - yet. So many times, I've been wrong in expilicity trusting the good in people, but so many times there is more to the story than meets the eye and especially when the story is being told by the media. If it were boring, nobody would read it, so it's as juiced up as possible to pique reader interest. Child molestation definitely gets reader attention and with little details out there, the media will grasp onto anything they can.

Now, on this forum I continually read of individuals who don't think that the BoD of TNL has done enough. I agree that if this guy is found guilty that anyone who has the initials TNL next to their name or in their BIO is going to face lawsuits, but it ain't happened yet folks. When the news first broke, they (appear to have) taken the quick first step of removing him from duty. The reality is there's an issue with suspending him without due cause. An arrest is not really enough from a legal standpoint to suspend him formally, but he was removed from the game in any case. Now that he has been arraigned, I believe that signifies the DA has enough evidence to want to try him? Wadeintothem? Help here? Now that he has been arraigned, the TNL BoD had updated to say he is formally suspended. Basically, they're following suit on a technical basis with the legal case, but he's still out of the coaching game with them, regardless of the semantics used. Had they suspended him without the "cause", he could claim all kinds of ridiculous libel issues and file suit himself. Not that he couldn't anyway, but at least they're keeping pace with the DA and can use that to protect themselves down the line.

Look, I don't disagree for a minute that this is a bad deal. I think it just has to be recognized that things are dealt with one step at a time and folks can't go taking up a mob-mentality when it comes to lynching the BoD.
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Has Been » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:29 pm

SBJ,

I asked you specifically a question in the last TNL thread that you never got around to answering.... What makes your position of condemning the coach (and apparently the Board now) based on the same loose details that others choose to support the coach (and the board) the more appropriate choice?

You are obviously related directly and/or indirectly to this situation as you have provided much more detail (factual or not is a completely different argument) than what the average public would be privy to. If that is in fact the case, which from my standpoint is a safe presumption, then you know enough about the rest of the coaches, staff, parents and players to know that you are being completely out of line by attempting to publicly tear it down. If you really care about the kids the way that you claim to then you would cease with the inflammatory posts directed at the parents/kids of this organization calling for their abondoment of the program.

If you have a personal problem with TNL then take it up with the members of the organization that you have the problem with rather than publically ridicule every coach, player and parent who want to keep playing softball together.
Has Been

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions