Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Male Coaches in College Sofbtall

What's on your mind?

by Hinky » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:54 pm

Sam wrote:So the only fact that challenges your arguments against men teaching illegal pitching is the number of pitchers who pitch illegally. Go out any weekend and watch these kids throw. 4 out of 5 are illegal.

So maybe the male coaches mentioned fail to correct illegal pitching when they see it.....if that is the case, I stand corrected.

Exaggeration!!

Those percentages would differ from Young students to college-bound or in college.
Pitchers learning footing a few inches off the pitching plate
definitely disagree that there's an advantage there. They're just trying to figure it out.
If there was multiple young pitchers doing this replant we would obviously see their advantage showing but no advantage happening at the young levels.

As for people teaching things, there's plenty of crap being taught out there, illegal or otherwise.
It seems reasonable a man who is unfamiliar with rules in women's Fastpitch might overlook that important replant legality. Just like we see baseball people coming to softball to teach fielding workouts and double-tapping the ball in their glove before they throw it :shock:
Hinky

by Schmick » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Not sure what games you're watching, I saw a lot of 14u games last year and only saw a few pitchers who had any hop to their drag and it was really just a replant that hurt them because they then turned their drag foot sideways and zombie footed that anchor.
Probably well over 200 pitchers and it was just 2 girls (from the same team) that I saw do it.

What I did see this year was fewer hard throwers and some that threw harder last year looked like they had slowed down. The rubber moved back a few feet on most of them but the radar showed velo was down on many of them. Spin was up though.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:31 pm

Spin is king....
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:52 pm

I would also say there are more female private pitching instructors then men currently in SoCal.
Am I wrong?
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:54 am

Chin Music wrote:I would also say there are more female private pitching instructors then men currently in SoCal.
Am I wrong?

I think you are right. There is quite a bit more female pitching coaches at least in San Diego.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:27 pm

Male fastpitch guys instructing here in SoCal that I know of, Myself, Rena Rico, Joe Salcedo, Jason Luli, Sean Barker, Rob Scwayer. and Don Sarno. So I would say there are FAR more female instructors out there then men.....
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:28 pm

I played with 4 of those guys.
Curv u pitching this weekend in Corona?
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:41 am

There are a ton of male pitching coaches here in So Cal. MacArthur, Bacca, Cesenas, Banuelos, Flores, Lindsay.... names off the top of my head.
I don't believe gender is going to have anything to do with teaching poor technique.
I take my niece to 2 coaches for pitching, her main coach is a woman and she goes to a male coach, who was her first coach, who works more with her on spin.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:05 pm

Schmick wrote:There are a ton of male pitching coaches here in So Cal. MacArthur, Bacca, Cesenas, Banuelos, Flores, Lindsay.... names off the top of my head.
I don't believe gender is going to have anything to do with teaching poor technique.
I take my niece to 2 coaches for pitching, her main coach is a woman and she goes to a male coach, who was her first coach, who works more with her on spin.

And the female instructors learned from.......
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Generationally that's changed. Starting some decades ago.
Maybe you were taking a nap there Rip Van Winkle. ;)
There are pitchers who have been instructed by only female instructors.
Now they're teaching and on
college coaching staff. Lot of pitchers who played years ago have taught and are teaching their own daughters to pitch. I know a list of pitchers from over the years who have taught their dd's. Additionally
From the numbers looking on instructor ads and first hand feedback, imo appears there are more female pitching instructors in California than there are male.
Hinky

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions