Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Should instructors be made to get certified?!?

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Mon May 21, 2018 8:23 am

Capitalism in normally the best cerfication authority. If you suck, people won't purchase your services. Apparently doesn't work in the bizarro softball world. Parents keep these people in business because they just like to tell people they are paying for "professional" lessons.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sparky Guy » Tue May 29, 2018 5:46 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:Why do I bring this up??? Because I see too many instructors in this for the money too many parents paying and there kids not getting better. Granted I’m sure there are kids not putting in the work but discounting those kids I see plenty with skills that make me wonder who the hell taught them. In pitching I truly believe there is a right and a wrong I think there is a little more gray area when it comes to hitting. Nonetheless, things need to get taught correctly to these kids and instructors I think need to make sure they are teaching things correctly. Maybe it would help if they were required to take a certification or something. I know it sounds lame but I get kids all the time that come to me and what they were taught leaves me scratching my head....Just a thought

The thought has been bantered around before. There's one big problem. Who sets the standards? There are those who teach poor pitching mechanics who feel their way is the correct way. The same thing goes with hitting and fielding. A quick search on YouTube will find many so called "Experts" promoting their version of what is correct.
Sparky Guy

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions