paying tb due's monthly or per season?

What's on your mind?

by Hinky » Thu May 10, 2018 7:25 am

travel ball teams have different
strategies for paying dues.
what's the consensus on this- would you rather pay
monthly or per season?
Would you not play for a team
that you have to pay seasonally upfront?
If dues are $150 monthly.
are you comfortable paying upfront say 6 months in advance handing over a $900 check or perhaps have to pay for the full year $1,800 paid upfront?
if a team of 14 players handed over $1,800 each that would accumulate $25,200 are you trusting your travel ball coaching staff that much?
or at what age bracket does that much Financial commitment make sense to your team 16u 18u travel ball playing big tournaments Across the Nation? Versus younger teams 14U and under

Some teams charge more monthly
$200 mo.
x6 = $1200
x12 = $2400 yearly upfront
x14 players = $33600 team total

what's your feedback on this?
Hinky

by PairOfAces » Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 am

Monthly, hands down.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:34 am

Hinky wrote:travel ball teams have different
strategies for paying dues.
what's the consensus on this- would you rather pay
monthly or per season?
Would you not play for a team
that you have to pay seasonally upfront?
If dues are $150 monthly.
are you comfortable paying upfront say 6 months in advance handing over a $900 check or perhaps have to pay for the full year $1,800 paid upfront?
if a team of 14 players handed over $1,800 each that would accumulate $25,200 are you trusting your travel ball coaching staff that much?
or at what age bracket does that much Financial commitment make sense to your team 16u 18u travel ball playing big tournaments Across the Nation? Versus younger teams 14U and under

Some teams charge more monthly
$200 mo.
x6 = $1200
x12 = $2400 yearly upfront
x14 players = $33600 team total

what's your feedback on this?

I think if your kid has been on the same team for a few years with people in the org you trust then upfront is fine, but I prefer monthly dues.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by orange socks » Thu May 10, 2018 11:57 am

DD org pay structure is as follows: Fall Season $450 in Sept and then $450 due In November. $900 due in May for Summer. No fundraising requirements. Summer season: We play Boulder IDT, Triple Crowns Nats and Jo Cup. No travel in the fall. There are enough quality events in Houston. I am okay scribbling at only 3 checks. I don't want to keep up with writing monthly checks and I do not want to fund raise.
orange socks

by jonriv » Wed May 16, 2018 8:56 am

I always prefer to pay monthly if possible- I always love cash flow. However, it is tough for all but the largest organizations to do this. Team has to pay for uniforms, equipment, tournaments, insurance, facilities etc and most of those costs are up front. The teams my daughter was on usually broke it down to 3-4 payments - that eased the burden, but gave the team enough money to buy what they needed
jonriv

by Safebyahare » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:43 am

Monthly,, look at it this way. what if your kid gets hurt or for some strange reason team implodes. Where is your money?
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:47 pm

Must be Rogaine in the air! Hare is back!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:15 am

Someone left the door open while driving by. Nice to see some wise dads still here.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:16 am

:) or better yet why pay dues at all when there are travel ball teams advertising come play for us... No more dues for the rest of the season. Theres a 12u team offering 'a scholarship' to the right player. is that the right word or is it a fancy way of saying 'we need a player real bad' hmmm :roll:

how many other players families on teams that are doing this recognize they've been paying money all along and all of a sudden other people get to come play for free and get playing time. looking through ca. heybucket tryouts a lot of teams are doing this.

Imo it speaks to how water down everything has gotten that coaches are trying to field a team, cant get enough players, and free is their best chance to field a team.

what's your thoughts on
the freebie teams?
Hinky

by PairOfAces » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:30 am

Hinky wrote::) or better yet why pay dues at all when there are travel ball teams advertising come play for us... No more dues for the rest of the season. Theres a 12u team offering 'a scholarship' to the right player. is that the right word or is it a fancy way of saying 'we need a player real bad' hmmm :roll:

how many other players families on teams that are doing this recognize they've been paying money all along and all of a sudden other people get to come play for free and get playing time. looking through ca. heybucket tryouts a lot of teams are doing this.

Imo it speaks to how water down everything has gotten that coaches are trying to field a team, cant get enough players, and free is their best chance to field a team.

what's your thoughts on
the freebie teams?

Don't care for the practice, unless it a legit "scholarship" to a player/family who cannot afford to play travel (although technically that applies to me :lol: ). Don't have a problem with sponsored teams that pay low/no dues - lucky for them. And I agree that giving a free ride to a player or two if "they are the real deal" or have "the right stuff" is a sign of desperation. Don't think that really goes over well with the ones who have been paying dues and will now see less time because of the "free" stud they will be financing at their DD's expense.

Many of these watered down teams should find another watered down team to reorganize and come up with a competitive team.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions