Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

embarassing moments- hers or yours

What's on your mind?

by dusty » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:29 am

Since I put out the call to mix up topics I guess I should throw something out there.

Dd was in her first year at 12u on a new team as her 10u team split up due to the coach moving and age ups. The new team was considered at the time the top local org but I had my reservations. The coach made no bones about the fact that his early developing, January birthdate dd was going to be the 1, 2 and possibly even 3 pitcher so my pint sized, late developing and late fall birthday dd was unlikley to see much time in the circle. There weren't a lot of options and all of her teammates from her old team that aged up joined this team so away we went.

Our team was made up entirely of 11 yr olds so we took our lumps against 12 yr old teams. We were in the process of getting run-ruled in a early October tourney when my dd playing rf chased yet another line drive hit to the fence. This being October and therefore Breast Cancer Awareness month all the bases and home plate were painted pink as were the game balls. Rain the night before on wet outfield grass combined with a painted ball made it very slick so as she grabs the ball at the fence and cocks her arm back to hit the cutoff the ball slips out of her hand and goes over the fence.

The game wasn't close so the reaction was laughter rather than hair pulling. She had to hear about it all fall from her teammates though.
dusty

Return to Fastpitch Discussions