Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

seeding

What's on your mind?

by dusty » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:42 am

stonehurler wrote:You just need to look at the responses to this post as to why participation is dwindling on hey bucket.
You don't half to be a genius

If your referring to my post please re-read as I was in agreement with what I believe was the premise of your OP that the TD did the team he's affiliated with no favors by getting the softer side of the bracket in a blind draw. I don't know what really happened as I'm not sure what part of the country you're in and I'm sure your dd is younger than mine since your team is playing PGF qualifiers already.
dusty

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:00 am

jonriv wrote:
stonehurler wrote:You just need to look at the responses to this post as to why participation is dwindling on hey bucket.

If the kidding G and I did on your obvious typo left you that butt hurt?

Perhaps you should really look at your post and it’s tone.

Host teams have been giving them selves favorable brackets, fields, times etc for decades. It’s one of the many reasons teams host tournaments (along with fundraising, automatic bids). Without full information on the team and it’s players it is kind of hard to make a judgement on what’s best for another team.

My advice, stop worrying and judging about what is best for another team and focus on your own. If you don’t like the way a tournament is run don’t go next year and perhaps have your organization hold their own

Do unto others before they do unto you ?

Just interjecting a little humor Stonehurler ... I didn't mean to wizz on your Cocoa Puffs.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Hinky » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:57 am

so what what do you all prefer seeding all strong teams together in the same pool? Or mixing a strong team in all the pools? strong teams playing in all the pools will knockout weaker teams. Or stronger teams playing each other in the same pools immediately knocking out eachother into losers bracket then beating the weak teams only to reach the same conclusion playing at upper level in the tournament? IMO if you want to reach a goal of winning a tournament pick
the level of tournament that best fits your team afa, usssa, usa preps, fasa, tcs/pgf.
if you don't want to be beaten by stronger teams practice more and get better first. And try to get into more competitive friendlies before entering tournaments.
Hinky

by Blind Squirrel » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:20 am

Agreed. Adults should not half to endure the traumatic, life altering mental anguish routinely experienced by 7 year olds being teased on the playground at recess.

Salfior Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BBG » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:54 pm

Here are some observations: I believe the tourney in question was Norcals Finest

1. The Tournament in question "Norcals Finest" was NOT a PGF qualifier.

2. I agree the other side of the bracket was tougher, but it was more about a "POWER POOL" team not showing up and forfeiting Sunday rather than a conspiracy. (see score 7-0) SJLS vs. Cal Nuggets 05

3. The eventual champion (not the TDs team) benefitted more due to the late scratch (forfeit).

4. All of the teams that made the semis are plenty good enough to qualify for PGF if they haven't been gifted a berth already.

5. Rain Sucks

6. If the allegation is true, it didn't work (you still have to play the games)...

7. I think someone believes the earth is flat, the moon landing never happened, 9/11 was an inside job, the fix was in.... and PGF is so powerful they can make it rain to facilitate the conspiracy...

8. If for some insane reason we are not talking about the same event, 5,6,7, still apply
BBG

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions