Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Dwindling HB Discussion Participation

What's on your mind?

by Chin Music » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:09 pm

He u go schmicky. Here’s a link run by a guy I used to play with. A lot of info on men’s fastpitch.
http://www.fastpitchwest.com/

This is Adam Folkard one of the best men’s pitchers. The USA women’s national team wouldn’t do much against him.
https://youtu.be/722HroRdzA8
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:47 am

Schmick wrote:As a softball fan I want to see it played at the highest possible level and that means have the best athletes playing it.
Don't get your labia chapped because someone else wants to see better, faster, stronger athletes, regardless of gender playing softball

Sounds like you changed your tune here a little bit Schmick!
"As a softball fan"
"someone else wants to see better, faster, stronger athletes, regardless of gender playing softball"

Now you get it!

Chin Music wrote:He u go schmicky. Here’s a link run by a guy I used to play with. A lot of info on men’s fastpitch.

This is Adam Folkard one of the best men’s pitchers. The USA women’s national team wouldn’t do much against him.

Go for it!
crankshaft

by Schmick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Cool, let's get them playing at the college softball world series
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:34 am

Chin Music wrote:He u go schmicky. Here’s a link run by a guy I used to play with. A lot of info on men’s fastpitch.

fastpitchwest good link to the bigger picture of what softball is!

Schmick your son can play fastpitch softball. Mens World Cup Tournament is coming up in a few years. Better get him training, fastpitch pitching take a little getting used to for him.

To that question of having men play with women vs. women play with men.

In sports like wrestling, mma, boxing. There are weight categories for both men and women competitors. That is based on trying to equalize competitive platform.
Don't see weight restrictions in all sports. However do have male female competitive restrictions.
I interpret that restriction based on...because men are able to build and hold muscle mass at a greater degree. Women can maintain only about two-thirds amount of muscle mass.

If a boxer, wrestler or MMA fighter wanted compete in an upper weight class, they know they are taking on a competitor that is larger when taking on that challenge. While a stronger bigger competitor stepping down in competition wouldnt be allowed to
because of the different competitive advantage.
(wouldnt that be like a D1 college playing down D2, D3. D1 would have competitve advantage)

Point I'm trying to make is,
If somebody wants to step up and take on greater challenge,
think that's great competitive grit and backbone.

While a stronger larger person wanting to compete in a lower weight to strength ratio would not be more competitive.
crankshaft

by Blind Squirrel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Squirrel's random thought for the day:

Parents tend to focus on their kid's accomplishments/stats in softball. The talk in the home about how "you're better than this teammate", "You have a higher batting average than ...", "You should have won that award...", yada yada yada. Personally, I've always felt that what a kid experiences on a daily basis has greater impact on their lives than most isolated lessons parents try to teach (e.g., "You can't quit the team now" - because they'll forever be a quitter if they do, etc.) . Given that (admittedly debatable), I wonder if such kids will appreciate the importance/value of team success in the workplace and what their behavior should be to that end, in that context? How important are individual softball accomplishments at the time compared to workplace behavior over the course of their adulthood?

Dementialicious Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:55 pm

I think a team oriented individual wants these things in order

1. They want to be on the best team out there

2. They want to be the best on that team

I think an individual minded person wants this in order

A. They want to be the best on the team

B. They want to be on the best team that will accomplish "A"

That's sports and/or the workplace.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Schmick » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:39 am

crankshaft wrote:

Schmick your son can play fastpitch softball. Mens World Cup Tournament is coming up in a few years. Better get him training, fastpitch pitching take a little getting used to for him.

In sports like wrestling, mma, boxing. There are weight categories for both men and women competitors. That is based on trying to equalize competitive platform.
Don't see weight restrictions in all sports. However do have male female competitive restrictions.
I interpret that restriction based on...because men are able to build and hold muscle mass at a greater degree. Women can maintain only about two-thirds amount of muscle mass.

If a boxer, wrestler or MMA fighter wanted compete in an upper weight class, they know they are taking on a competitor that is larger when taking on that challenge. While a stronger bigger competitor stepping down in competition wouldnt be allowed to
(wouldnt that be like a D1 college playing down D2, D3. D1 would have competitve advantage)

While a stronger larger person wanting to compete in a lower weight to strength ratio would not be more competitive.

My son is going to Keck.....according to him, USC doesn't have a softball program because they don't want fat chicks on campus .

The whole point of my suggestion, which isn't really directed towards anyone on this board but more towards the general population of this country, is that there are real differences between the genders and that they're not fluid.

However, if one would applaud a female or fight for her right to play baseball against the guys then it would only be hypocritical to not do the same for a guy wanting to play softball vs the chicks
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:18 am

Schmick wrote:
crankshaft wrote:

My son is going to Keck.....according to him, USC doesn't have a softball program because they don't want fat chicks on campus .

The whole point of my suggestion, which isn't really directed towards anyone on this board but more towards the general population of this country, is that there are real differences between the genders and that they're not fluid.

However, if one would applaud a female or fight for her right to play baseball against the guys then it would only be hypocritical to not do the same for a guy wanting to play softball vs the chicks

Thats right there are differences in the genders.

That's your choice to acknowledge or not what those differences are.

Also your choice to acknowledge or not why competitive guidelines are in place.

Applaud ANYONE who
wants to STEP-UP to a challenge!
crankshaft

by crankshaft » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:40 am

Battle wrote:I think a team oriented individual wants these things in order

1. They want to be on the best team out there

2. They want to be the best on that team

I think an individual minded person wants this in order

A. They want to be the best on the team

B. They want to be on the best team that will accomplish "A"

That's sports and/or the workplace.

Add-