Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Dwindling HB Discussion Participation

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:28 am

stonehurler wrote:Seems like when Sam, Spazsdad, Skarp, Jonriv, JTAT32, Blindsquirrel GIMNEPIRO, and the rest were young this site flourished because there were no old curmudgeons to drag the site down. Instead of coming back thinking you are helping, go away and let the new take over. Im just saying cause it is too late for this site anyway

Rumor is that I have never been young.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:15 am

Sam wrote:
stonehurler wrote:Seems like when Sam, Spazsdad, Skarp, Jonriv, JTAT32, Blindsquirrel GIMNEPIRO, and the rest were young this site flourished because there were no old curmudgeons to drag the site down. Instead of coming back thinking you are helping, go away and let the new take over. Im just saying cause it is too late for this site anyway

Rumor is that I have never been young.

That’s what I thought :D
jonriv

by artomatic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 am

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:40 pm

It's a bit curious to me that someone who is "very new to HB" has insight into the state of HB 10 years ago. The only thing more entertaining than the illusion of omniscience is the enthusiastic, yet inadvertent exhibition of ignorance.

What is your view of sites where everyone is unfailingly polite? Here is my view of them: They completely suck and they die because so many people are so bored by them.

I guess things have changed. When my kids played people talked about other players, coaches and parents. And sometimes negative comments were made. There may have even been times where people were not in 100% agreement and, gasp, they had the temerity to say so. How un-f'ing-refined.

"... go away and let the new take over"? Pity. My generation typically stands up for themselves and doesn't run in search of Mommy's apron whenever something unpleasant is encountered. I believe I'll be sticking around and I strongly encourage anyone who feels remotely inclined to beat on me do so to their heart's content. If 7 year olds can take it I'm pretty sure I can as well. Just don't call me poopy-pants or I'll take my balls and go home in an effort to fit in.

Stormy Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 pm

I used to religiously hit that "View new posts" link and hope some semi-sage character on HB would post something incendiary or so funny that I would laugh out loud causing people passing my office to look at me weird. It was always the humor or poignant stories about the girls playing the sport that lured me in. Of course, there were dipshits galore, too; braggards, know-it-alls and myopic heli-parents that spewed the most laughable boasts about their 12U DD's exploits out there on the dirt. Good stuff. Those who shared their experiences with the college recruiting process were always interesting, if it wasn't drowned out with the inevitable chest-thumping by Mom or Dad.

My kid is still out there making me proud, as she navigates her desires for a college home. Glad to see that Blind Squirrel, Arto, John Riv and Polish Beer guy (couldn't pronounce it if lived in Warsaw) took the time to check in on the asylum. As Robert Plant recently recounted during his interview with Dan Rather, songs like Stairway to Heaven were of their time and not his today, that's why he doesn't like to sing them anymore. The classic HB posts referred to previously were of a different time too. The growing popularity and novelty of Heybucket was cool and fun to be part of. Grow some and thicken your skin or you were cyber-doomed, but that was part of the fun. Ask a honest question and about 50% would give you an honest answer and the other 50% would vector to virtual pledge-hell week, but that was OK too! HB is what it is and if the product educates or entertains people will come.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:13 am

Fastpitch4Life wrote:I used to religiously hit that "View new posts" link and hope some semi-sage character on HB would post something incendiary or so funny that I would laugh out loud causing people passing my office to look at me weird. It was always the humor or poignant stories about the girls playing the sport that lured me in. Of course, there were dipshits galore, too; braggards, know-it-alls and myopic heli-parents that spewed the most laughable boasts about their 12U DD's exploits out there on the dirt. Good stuff. Those who shared their experiences with the college recruiting process were always interesting, if it wasn't drowned out with the inevitable chest-thumping by Mom or Dad.

My kid is still out there making me proud, as she navigates her desires for a college home. Glad to see that Blind Squirrel, Arto, John Riv and Polish Beer guy (couldn't pronounce it if lived in Warsaw) took the time to check in on the asylum. As Robert Plant recently recounted during his interview with Dan Rather, songs like Stairway to Heaven were of their time and not his today, that's why he doesn't like to sing them anymore. The classic HB posts referred to previously were of a different time too. The growing popularity and novelty of Heybucket was cool and fun to be part of. Grow some and thicken your skin or you were cyber-doomed, but that was part of the fun. Ask a honest question and about 50% would give you an honest answer and the other 50% would vector to virtual pledge-hell week, but that was OK too! HB is what it is and if the product educates or entertains people will come.

Zhim ( like shim but with a vibrating Z almost like a JZ ) - Knee - Pea - Voh ( like oh but with a V in front )
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:29 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:I used to religiously hit that "View new posts" link and hope some semi-sage character on HB would post something incendiary or so funny that I would laugh out loud causing people passing my office to look at me weird. It was always the humor or poignant stories about the girls playing the sport that lured me in. Of course, there were dipshits galore, too; braggards, know-it-alls and myopic heli-parents that spewed the most laughable boasts about their 12U DD's exploits out there on the dirt. Good stuff. Those who shared their experiences with the college recruiting process were always interesting, if it wasn't drowned out with the inevitable chest-thumping by Mom or Dad.

Zhim ( like shim but with a vibrating Z almost like a JZ ) - Knee - Pea - Voh ( like oh but with a V in front )

See? That's what I mean! I come on HB and learned something. My guess wasn't even close :lol:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 am

Blind Squirrel wrote:

It's a bit curious to me that someone who is "very new to HB" has insight into the state of HB 10 years ago. The only thing more entertaining than the illusion of omniscience is the enthusiastic, yet inadvertent exhibition of ignorance.

What is your view of sites where everyone is unfailingly polite? Here is my view of them: They completely suck and they die because so many people are so bored by them.

I guess things have changed. When my kids played people talked about other players, coaches and parents. And sometimes negative comments were made. There may have even been times where people were not in 100% agreement and, gasp, they had the temerity to say so. How un-f'ing-refined.

"... go away and let the new take over"? Pity. My generation typically stands up for themselves and doesn't run in search of Mommy's apron whenever something unpleasant is encountered. I believe I'll be sticking around and I strongly encourage anyone who feels remotely inclined to beat on me do so to their heart's content. If 7 year olds can take it I'm pretty sure I can as well. Just don't call me poopy-pants or I'll take my balls and go home in an effort to fit in.

Stormy Squirrel

:lol: when they were young it flourished, damn funny!

In reality what heybucket used to be was filled with many people who added to what WAS heyB discussions. never mind the self-importance of how you were raised, or the bong hit that
brought back memories... it took all kinds of people who made
heybucket discussions what it was. looking back and reading now and then, it's pretty clear
The meat and vegetables have moved on and all that's left in the pan are a few potatoes!
Hinky

by artomatic » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 am

Seriously?
Damn, where's Skarp when you need him?
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:36 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Hinky wrote:

:lol: when they were young it flourished, damn funny!

In reality what heybucket used to be was filled with many people who added to what WAS heyB discussions. never mind the self-importance of how you were raised, or the bong hit that
brought back memories... it took all kinds of people who made
heybucket discussions what it was. looking back and reading now and then, it's pretty clear
The meat and vegetables have moved on and all that's left in the pan are a few potatoes!

Have you checked out 43’.com since it appears you like the meat
Probably more to your liking

spaz who's that your advertising for?
why don't you start up some new posts?
Hinky

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions